[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 91 KB, 900x562, iphone_2011806c.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6242381 No.6242381 [Reply] [Original]

does /lit/ read ebooks?

any particular devices that are recommended?

>i currently have nothing else besides an iphone to use and i'm wondering if that's too small a device to use

>> No.6242403

I use a Kindle Fire but you need to only use them for ebooks, their storage capacity is horrendously low.

>> No.6242460

DS

>> No.6242474

I have a Kobo. It was $20, and it was absolutely worth it; the battery life is ridiculous.

You can use that one app that shows you one word at a time and you can slide it to display at like 1k wpm. I find that I can easily keep up with it, but when reading normally I subvocalize, yet for some reason I feel like I'd lose something if I read at that speed instead of subvocalizing

>> No.6242477

>>6242381
As somebody who completely detests e-books as I think they'll lead to the death of physical-medium literature, I hear the Kobu Aura's pretty nice.
Plenty of accepted formats, not shackled down with DRM, long battery life, only concern is that it's made by Russians.

>> No.6242481

5.2 inch lg g2. I have also read a few hundred pages on 480X800 resolution of a 4inch screen. No regrets

>> No.6242511

>>6242474
That's sort of like spritzing (http://www.spritzinc.com/)), right?
Seems kind of gimmicky considering my reading comprehension is so low at 900wpm. Can you keep up with it alright or is it pretty much just for skimming through?
How much storage space does it have?

>> No.6242603

>>6242511
>http://www.spritzinc.com
Yeah, it's like that if not exactly that.

Personally, I'd only use it for skimming. Like I said, I find myself able to keep up with it, but it just feels like I'm losing something even if I may not be.

I'm not sure what Kobo I have (I just eBay'd "Kobo ereader"), but it has 1gb built in, with space for an SD card, which are currently cheap as fuck. You can get 32gb right now for like $15, which is more than you could ever possibly need (and I think even 1gb is more than you'll ever "need" at one time)

>> No.6243253

Kobo Aura HD. The screen is fantastic. I got it because i like big screens. I actually wish it was a little big bigger though. The battery life is also brilliant. The Kobo shop kind of sux, but you can buy books from other stores.