[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 631 KB, 772x527, 1412583274627.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6234190 No.6234190[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

How do you avoid becoming a misanthrope?

>> No.6234196

>>6234190
by not watching anime
also

/lit/ - literature

>> No.6234214

>>6234190
Socialization with people who share many of the same characteristics as you, but still have unique opinions on other things.

Also, not using subcompact handguns because those will make you hate the world and everything in it

>> No.6234225

By aging past 18

>> No.6234232

try self-hatred, it works for me

>> No.6234305

>>6234232
Not OP but I'm a Misanthrope AND I still hate myself!

>> No.6234324

>>6234305
Then you merge the hates together, then you man up and stop hating yourself which will cure the other one as well.

Trust me, I'm a licensed psychologist.

>> No.6234338

>>6234190
humility.

>> No.6234365

>>6234196
>>6234225
Those two don't apply to me.

I love mankind but I have no hope for the future. I think mankind is fucked. This would lead most people to a life of selfishness and hedonism. But I can't really feel pleasure. I am never happy.

I want to labor for a better world, but the inhabitants are counter-productive, stupid and spineless. I am pessimistic about the future not because I want to see the future be shit. I sincerely don't want a shit future. I see a shit future because I am a realist.

When I was a child I wanted to be Robin Hood, but Robin Hood is nothing without his merry men and there are no merry men in this world.

What would Robin Hood do if even the poorest of peasants loved the landlords?

>> No.6234386

by embracing it to the last consequences so you see if it is true or not.

if you dont it will hunt you forever.

>>6234196
fag

>> No.6234399

by stop giving a shit
source:me,im a genius

>> No.6234409

by stop expcting everyone to be good to you for no reason.

just align the expectations with reality and youre done.

>> No.6234428

>>6234409
I'm not expecting everyone to be 'good' to me for any reason. Anyways lets take your advice.
How would changing expectations make me less of a misanthrope. Instead of being misanthropic for having shattered expectations I am misanthropic for being right about people.

>> No.6234431

Through social justice.

>> No.6234450

>>6234428
>being right about people.

thats precisely the thing. im not talking about conscious or chosen expectations and when you say that youre just being right about people you show that you think they should be good while "in reality" they are not. so, you need to change your conception of things so it fits them. misantrphy is just the manifestation that there is a dissonance between both.

of course there is also the idea that instead of changing you conception to fit reality you can try to change that reality to fit your conceptions but...well, i think it is quite evident which way makes more sense.

>> No.6234502

>>6234190

Just love, brother. It's the only way.

If you're always giving you'll never know want.
You have a bundle of talents that the world needs. Strive to offer all you can each day.
It could be anthing from a story you've written to a kind word.
Just give yourself.

>> No.6234512

>>6234365
You don't have a philosophical ideology problem, you're just depressed.

>> No.6234519
File: 42 KB, 1920x1080, 1424315490439.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6234190
By realizing that free will is a myth, and we are all a part of Tao.

>> No.6234520

>>6234502
nah man, thats the other extreme, but they both avoid the question instead of solving it.

>> No.6234525

>>6234365
>What would Robin Hood do if even the poorest of peasants loved the landlords?
Nothing, because that would mean he's living in our sunny American police state.

>> No.6234533

By looking at a person and trying to understand why they do the things they do.
Whenever you start thinking negative thoughts, try to think of some positive things instead.
Quit being a whinny bitch.

>> No.6234544

There is literally nothing wrong with being a misanthropist

the only problem could be when you get to say stupid edgy shit that isn't cool in a party or between friends. If you can keep your mouth shut and be chill then you will have no problems

If you still want to say stupid edgy shit that doesn't go with your aesthetic being, then i suggest to carry with the consequences without remorse

>> No.6234570

>>6234450
>so, you need to change your conception of things so it fits them
So I have to change my definitions to make the world appear 'good.' This is just self-delusion and goes against knowledge.

>>6234512
Depression is curable, the world isn't. my post described the world. I guess my inability to feel pleasure is related to depression. But after a while you realize self-pleasure gets boring. I say the only true pleasure is making the world a better place, but given the environment and agents in the world you realize, you are just rearranging the chairs on the titanic.
>>6234502
I do love and it makes my day happy, but it doesn't make me less misanthropic.
>>6234519
I know free will is a myth, but my Tao/flow has led me to a misanthropic conclusion. I guess I should accept that and that might make me happy but it does not remove misanthropy.
>>6234533
>By looking at a person and trying to understand why they do the things they do.
Why? If it was so I could change their mind, what difference would it make?
>Whenever you start thinking negative thoughts, try to think of some positive things instead.
self-delusion is something I am incapable of. not as a principle, I just literally can't into it.
>Quit being a whinny bitch.
This is an online interaction about internal thought of an individual, your advice can only apply to social situations.
>>6234544
>There is literally nothing wrong with being a misanthropist
Thank you for saying this.
>the only problem could be when you get to say stupid edgy shit that isn't cool in a party or between friends. If you can keep your mouth shut and be chill then you will have no problems
lol, being misanthropic doesn't mean I have social skills.
>If you still want to say stupid edgy shit that doesn't go with your aesthetic being, then i suggest to carry with the consequences without remorse
the problem is not voicing my opinions, the problems is knowing them.

I should have written a post about how into hedonism instead.

>> No.6234575

>>6234570
>self-delusion

welcome to human life my friend. just check that little word, knowledge, and review your current view.

>> No.6234579

>>6234570

That being said, you can still say stupid edgy shit only if you have gone through aesthetic situations that can go with someone saying that.

For example, if you have went through war, through heroin addiction, through jail or through famine in africa or stuff like that, if you were a coal miner, or if you were a detective. All these are valid and it will not sound stupid

>> No.6234585

The ego and its own

the best self-help book from /lit/

you will find all your answers in our bible from saint max stirner

>> No.6234595

By occasionally reminding yourself that for some strange reason you were the little tadpole in a long line of tadpoles to make if out and how improbable it is that you actually exist

>> No.6234599

>>6234570
>I know free will is a myth, but my Tao/flow has led me to a misanthropic conclusion. I guess I should accept that and that might make me happy but it does not remove misanthropy.
If free will isn't a thing, than you cannot really blame people for what they do, they're just a product of they're environment. Idk, it works for me.

>> No.6234607

Maybe read some Nietzsche

Start with genealogy of the morals if you are in that good/bad dichotomy about misanthropy

>> No.6234647

>>6234570
>Why? If it was so I could change their mind, what difference would it make?
I find that trying to understand others helps me with understanding myself. Also, keeps your world from becoming too small.
>self-delusion is something I am incapable of. not as a principle, I just literally can't into it.
Pure negativity is self-delusion in its own right. I'm just saying, find a balance with your emotions.

You sound angry man, if things keep going your going to end up with a sad life. It's not too late to turn around though.

>> No.6234725

>>6234647
don't feel too bad for me I was just being ultra-edgy. I actually felt pleasure in trying to prove you guys wrong. To be honest given the absurd we live in I should try to concentrate on the small joys of life and just forget the whole shitty world around me. It is easy to be edgy and depressed when you are sitting in your shitty room in your shitty house all alone. But when you are out in nature or sharing some laughs with cuties, life feels real damn good.

>>6234599
you are right. You can't blame people for how they turn out.
>>6234585
Tell me more about Stirner in simple terms.
>>6234595
thanks
>>6234607
What is so great about Nietzsche? I never understood his appeal.