[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 97 KB, 823x823, 1415153990034.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6122045 No.6122045 [Reply] [Original]

How do you guys deal with sensory overload while reading?
In college, I must read multiple chapters of science textbooks, philosophy books, novels, books on law, etc. in only a few days. While it would be no issue if I merely covered the same amount of material on one subject, the fact that it is so varied and I jump from subject to subject makes accomplishing anything in classes extremely difficult, as I will often forget information and suffer some sort of headaches.

For the sake of the thread, I will say that I have had to read, consistently, a collective rough estimate of 200 pages of material per night, covering multiple topics. Again, this would be simple if it were just one topic, but it is a lot of various information. How do you deal with it?

>> No.6122050

I wish I could tell you how but I'm trapped here.

>> No.6122065

>>6122045
i'd say make time take breaks & nootropics

>> No.6122078

>>6122045
You might consider the possibility that you are overscheduled and thus overworked. If you aren't retaining the information (across multiple subjects) that you are trying to learn then what is the point of attempting to read that much?
Maybe you should drop one of your courses, or at least take a lower grade for the sake of the other ones.