[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 34 KB, 314x500, frankenbutt.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6074484 No.6074484 [Reply] [Original]

Hey, friends! I have an essay due in 10 days about Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. Great read. I have to compare it to either Wuthering Heights, Pride and Prejudice, or Heart of Darkness. I have not read any of those three yet, so I was wondering if I could have some help deciding which one I should pick.

Basically, here are the prompts:
>The Wuthering Heights prompt asks to compare Heathcliff and the monster and how they are both alienated from society.
>The Pride and Prejudice prompt asks to compare the different ways both books present the themes of "pride and prejudice."
>The Heart of Darkness Prompt asks to show how narrative point of view influences how we feel about the monster and Kurtz.

I'm terrible at making decisions. Which would you choose? Mind, I'm not asking anyone to write my essay for you - just curious as to which book you all think I should read that would best compliment Frankenstein.

Thanks!

>> No.6074500

>>6074484
write about how it was an allegory for repressed homosexuality

>> No.6074513

I'd go for Heart of Darkness

short, interesting story, good movie adaptions

>> No.6074519

>>6074484
Heart of Darkness, it takes like 2 or 4 hours of reading time depending on how fast you are, use the rest of the time to actually write the essay.
Plus the prompt is easy.

>> No.6074781

>>6074519
lol pride and prejudice would be easier dude because heart of darkness has a lot more layers of depth.

Pride and prejudice was written by a slut in the 1700-1800s. Surely you would rather do that?

lol dont forget the theme about jane austin sucking major cock and then cock mongling off the internet.

>> No.6074802

>>6074484
you can read HoD in a day and its a fairly simple book so I'd go for that

>> No.6075015

Thanks everyone, going with Heart of Darkness.

>> No.6075063

>>6075015
this should help summarize what you read

http://www.sparknotes.com/sparknotes/video/heart-of-darkness

some of the syntax can be confusing, the video sort of clarifies things