[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 18 KB, 300x426, eDhP3UU.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6050139 No.6050139[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Why does it seem that we live in an epoch that demonizes, ridicules, and disrespects responsible white males?

Don't even pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about.

>> No.6050144

>>6050139
>>>/pol/

>> No.6050155

>>6050144
Telling me to go back to /pol/ won't change reality.

>> No.6050157

Not /lit/, just stupid bait

saged and reported

>> No.6050171

>>6050157
Cultural criticism is well within the bounds of /lit/

>> No.6050258
File: 104 KB, 633x758, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6050144
>>6050157
JIDF shills detected, lol just kidding

OP what you say is true but for a multitude of reasons and not just because a Jewish conspiracy. As part of the age we live in with the internet and social media fringe-worldviews can make themselves appear more mainstream. Also of course there are non-white people that intellectually have nothing against white and may even respect them but subconsciously or emotionally may resent them because of the history of colonization, slavery, racism etc.

Also /lit I think as a whole is less likely to recognize the phenomena you describe because it has been very slow to infect mainstream literature. Most of the stuff /lit talks about has none of it so if they are more likely to dismiss it as /pol conspiracies.

>> No.6050272

thanks for not posting books, /pol/
that's really what this board needed

>> No.6050286

>>6050258
I think you need to shut up, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

>> No.6050328

>>6050286

Why don't you refute some it then and explain what I don't know

Enlighten me

>> No.6050333

>>6050139
>Why does it seem that we live in an epoch that demonizes, ridicules, and disrespects responsible white males?

Because you spend too much time on /pol/ and /r9k/

can we move on now and delete the thread?

>> No.6050334

>>6050139
Because responsible white males fucked up and now their descendants have to PAY (MUHAHAHAHAHA).

>> No.6050339

>>6050139
Because you're a paranoid schizophrenic.

Sage/report/close

>> No.6050371

>>6050339
>>6050334
>>6050333

Why so closed-minded /lit?

Did OP's post hit a nerve?

>> No.6050400

>454. "Men's rights" activists lose the war before they've even begun it. "We too are being oppressed, goddamit!", they shout from the rooftops, as if being oppressed were something to be proud of. Meanwhile, real men are not being oppressed; they are the ones who oppress others (and, in the rare instances when they are indeed being oppressed, they are too ashamed of it to even admit it).
that's all i have to say to this retarded whining

>> No.6050415

>invent everything worth inventing
>create the best art, best literature, best philosophy, best science, best laws, best civilization, best everything
>be the best at literally everything
>chill out for a while
>get bored
>conquer basically entire world in the span of a few generations
>draw pictures of yourself standing astride continents
>rename brown people's entire homelands after your fat bitch queen
>import all the good stuff god accidentally put on the continents of lesser peoples, turn them into factories to produce it
>chill out for a while, content to have defeated space and time
>get bored again
>try having some massive planet-spanning internecine wars
>develop ability to destroy entire world because why not
>finally get bored of even that
>need to devise a new way to fuck with inferior races
>decide to invite them into our homes, let them shit all over the walls, condescend to them and patronize them
>even tolerate them becoming whiny and spoiled and feeling entitled to it
>even tolerate their insults and pathetic admonishments that they are entitled to our homes and we don't deserve them
>lift our inferiors onto our shoulders for a goof, the view ruined by the knowledge that they only have it at the sufferance of the giant who is lifting them
>give everything to them when it is precisely not having things handed to you that makes you strong some day, permanently othering them
>remain the eternal Same
>remain kings of the universe
>still run their homelands as slave factories for mass producing baseball hats and tampons

>> No.6050421
File: 173 KB, 1342x962, Tyrannical mod on lit 2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6050371
Clearly it did, /lit/ is an SJW viper's nest.

Has been for years.

>> No.6050432
File: 72 KB, 563x470, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6050400

You didn't even say that though you just copyed posted from somewhere else, at least come up with an original thought

And being proud of being oppressed and trying to tell people you are oppressed is what most feminists do not men, even most MRA's don't do that

Oh and not everyone who agrees with OP is a MRA or someone claiming to be oppressed.

You can still be a regular person and think its dumb how racism and violence against white people is condoned in the media and how white people are constantly portrayed as bad or how the idea is insinuated that you owe everyone an apology for being born white.

>> No.6050447

Shit-thread started by /pol/, and of course now come the wall of texts in jpg-format for quick reposting

you have your own board, no need to shit up others

>> No.6050451

>>6050415

Kek

>> No.6050462
File: 479 KB, 1313x1525, 1411162846656.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The amount of denial and doublethink in this thread is alarming.

>> No.6050467

We don't hate you because of your ideas, /pol/
We hate you because WHERE IS THE LITERATURE

>> No.6050505
File: 22 KB, 269x188, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6050467
Cultural critique is an accepted topic on /lit, get over it there are other threads you can go to

>>6050447
Why don't you at least try engaging with some of the posts instead of just shitposting

>>6050462
Agreed

>> No.6050516

>>6050505
>Cultural critique is an accepted topic on /lit
Says who?

>> No.6050521

What you say is true, but I don't think that it is limited to white males. I live in México and it is the same over here.

>> No.6050530

>>6050521
So you think society shits on males who like being responsible--all over the world? Hmmmmm.

>> No.6050532
File: 226 KB, 650x706, 1421299740957.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Why does it seem that we live in an epoch that demonizes, ridicules, and disrespects responsible white males?

Because you spend too much time on tumblr and / or /pol/. The social justice matriarchy is just a small but vocal minority. Nobody actually cares about their views outside of the Internet. I have literally no problems forgetting about the existence of these people; but then again, I don't even use any kind of social networking in the first place.

>> No.6050552

>>6050516
Says the infinite number of threads not deleted about Marxism, materialism, critique-based philosophy, the west, the state of present society and it's effect upon literature, etc etc

>>6050521
Success breeds jealousy as the saying goes

>> No.6050580

>>6050532

To some extent that is true but it is becoming more and more prevalent in mainstream media and in the material taught by schools and universities

Never mind that there is all this media hullabaloo about black people killed by white cops when actually there is an epidemic of black-on-white violence and that a white person is like 27 times more likely to be attacked by a black person then vice-versa

>> No.6050585

>>6050139
Because post-modernity shifts heroic value from action to essence; it is a thorough revaluation of all values, where mediocrity, baseness, and general below-average behavior is considered as valuable, and thus everything originally valuable appears as a means of oppression and domination, as something fundamentally evil: in a post-modern society, the righteous and powerful is a villain, the poor and beaten is a hero.

Post-modernity acknowledges life as a game, yet produces nothing but sore losers.

>> No.6050591

>>6050371

I'm a white middle class male heading towards middle age and honestly, we rule the world. There is nothing better than being a white european/american man. Literally the whole world is laid out to my advantage.

>> No.6050595

>>6050585
sounds like slave morality to me

>> No.6050599

It's really funny because the "ridicule, demonization, disrespect" of white men is limited to liberal university campuses and Liberal Arts student-run pop culture blogs.

It really is amazing to think that after centuries of subjugating and dehumanizing blacks, women, and gays, white men haven't grown thicker skin than this.

>> No.6050603
File: 96 KB, 460x300, kinglear460.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6050139

They've always hated us.

It's just becoming socially acceptable to vent this hatred as of late.

I really don't care though. It's not like it has any impact on our actual quality of life.

>> No.6050605

>>6050532
Love the comic.
It's hilarious to see the movement destroying itself with the radfeminists vs transfeminists thing
I think it's safe to assume that they will end up destroying themselves before they get a chance of """"destroying western civilization""""

>> No.6050607

ITT muh feelings

>> No.6050613

Where? As in, show me where this demonization is happening. Are you going to show me a) a screencap of a Tumblr post? b) a 300-word thinkpiece from a stupid blog? c) some news article from Scandinavia?

OP, have you ever felt seriously threatened or oppressed for being white, male or straight in society? In a way that is comparable to all the politically-sanctioned, violent and legitimately dehumanizing ways in which women and minorities were excluded from society in the past, and are still discriminated against in the present?

"Oh, but those were my ancestors, what fault do I have?" You exclaim. You have no fault, obviously. You're just experiencing what every other person who doesn't belong to you demographic experiences in society, to a minor degree.

People are always complaining that radical feminists should be thankful for all the advances women have already made, but then white men get all pissy over SJWs, lol

>> No.6050617

get some thicker skin you whiny faggot

>> No.6050620

>>6050580

The media sensationalizes everything. This is nothing new. You're just getting swept up in the opposite spectrum of moral panic being spun by your /pol/ buddies. It's the same kind of victim complex.

>"Black people are being unfairly targeted by white cops! We gotta do something!"
>"The media is becoming a leftist propaganda wing! We gotta do something!"

You're both morons. That isn't to say that these kinds of biases don't exist at all, they're just not as proportionate as anyone makes them out to be.

>> No.6050622
File: 1 KB, 23x585, 1392091683364.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6050613

A lot of major news outlets run shit about white privilege and such on a regular basis.

The Atlantic is probably the worst offender. That 'Case for Reparations' was a fucking riot.

Guess who runs The Atlantic

>> No.6050624

>>6050613

yawn

>> No.6050627

>>6050622

lol, as if you actually believed for one second that there were ever going to be reparations for black people

Besides, how did that article "demonize" white men?

>> No.6050628

>>6050613
>OP, have you ever felt seriously threatened or oppressed for being white, male or straight in society?

Countless times.

Just recently I had a job interview where I was being interviewed by two women who were both 6 and 7 out of 10 respectively.

They grilled me on my "qualifications". They fucking loved doing it. I could probably do their jobs a million times better, yet they got to be in the position of power, and they relished the fuck out of it.

They loved the fact that a superior male is begging THEM for a job, and they get to deem me "unworthy"--just like how chad deemed them unworthy in highschool.

HR is 100% females nowadays. Just goes to show.

>> No.6050631

>>6050627

well who do you think they want to hold responsible for paying these fucking reparations?

what I want to know is what happens to mulattoes. do they pay or receive?

>> No.6050634

>>6050628
so you went in for a job and got interviewed? And this hurt your poor poor feelings :(

maximum victim complex. go bitch about it on your livejournal

>> No.6050635

>>6050139
White men are kind of like the German Sheperds of human races, second best at everything when it comes to creativity, intellect, and athleticism.

>> No.6050636
File: 151 KB, 1200x801, 234.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've never experienced these things myself OP, are you sure you aren't just spending too much time on the board that shall not be named?

>> No.6050637

>>6050628

Joking, right?

>>6050631

That article did not call for any particular white person to pay reparations, but rather the state. The idea was that a racially biased and discriminatory state was obligated to make amends for it. Obviously it was a dumb idea anyway, but no white person was going to be fined for having slave-owner ancestors.

>> No.6050640

>>6050628
Sucks you got interviewed. They should have just given you the job.

>> No.6050642

>>6050637
>but rather the state

so the taxpayer is supposed to subsidies this? what if he is black?

>> No.6050644

>>6050628
>actually wasting your life slaving away
top beta
you deserved it
go rob a bank instead

>> No.6050648

>>6050620

Just look at the FBI crime statistics.

In fact I think they even stopped counting race because of the huge difference. Black people commit an absurd amount of crime against whites that is ignored. Even though in many cases they are targeted solely for being white it is dismissed as regular crime.

>> No.6050650

>>6050642

The taxes paid by the poor also go into programs designed the help the poor. Don't know what you're not getting.

>> No.6050652

>>6050642
They did it before with the Japanese and the internment camps.

>> No.6050654
File: 25 KB, 250x375, uber.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6050139
" I shall
now give my notion of what is modern. According to the measure
of energy of every age, there is also a standard that determines
which virtues shall be allowed and which forbidden. The age
either has the virtues of ascending life, in which case it resists
the virtues of degeneration with all its deepest instincts. Or it
is in itself an age of degeneration, in which case it requires the
virtues of declining life,—in which case it hates everything that
justifies itself, solely as being the outcome of a plenitude, or a
superabundance of strength."

>> No.6050655

>>6050650

wouldn't it just be better to not tax and leave the money in private hands, rather than let it be sucked out and squandered by federal bureaucracy?

>> No.6050656

>>6050642
What if an employed taxpayer is black? Are you listening to yourself?

>> No.6050662

>>6050656

explain to me why anyone should have to pay this reparation tax

and what good do you honestly think it will do? they'll just say it's not enough, more taxes will follow, and the country will continue going to shit

meanwhile you'll have a bunch of unemployed dindus running around with gucci shoes and robbing each other blind

>> No.6050663

>>6050139
>thinking you'll get a discussion about this here

/lit/ thinks it's the best educated board, maybe it is, but that doesn't mean these anons are able recognize the emerging trends and counter cultures. The discourse, especially institutional discourse (college professors, news networks, publications), is generally playing 'catch up' to the movement(s) of a particular society, it's not inspiring them (at least not in an easily discernible or direct way).

This place is better for discussing the historical/philosophical past than it is the current. Combined with the fact that we are in a peculiar period where being the 'slave' or the oppressed allows for a 'holier than thou' position from which to lecture from, so that even the more dominant forces in a society wish to perpetuate an image of themselves as underrepresented, misunderstood, radical, rebellious, etc., it should be noted that, despite its prevalence, leftist theory (particularly critical theories of race and class) will never be acknowledged as domineering or the status quo.

Take >>6050591 for example, he extrapolates an entire world view from his middle aged experiences, which are more than likely disconnected from emerging trends in the youth perspective.

>> No.6050664

>>6050628

I hate when these bitches who are like only 6 or 7s think they're top shit because they're employed and are interviewing people, like myself, who is easily at least an 8 or a nine, maybe even a 9 and a half in four beers time, and think that because they're in a position of power, or are currently in a position that over ranks, or over seas my own current position, or current non-position, they think they can look down upon me, or condescend towards me in such a way that only 6s or 7s can look down falsely upon a 8 or a 9.

bitches like this are truly all sixes and sevens, as the british put it

>> No.6050670

Because inferior specimens like you demand social space from literature boards while driving the responsible posters who post about literature into the archives.

>> No.6050671

>>6050648
>race and crime

Oh please. There are all kinds of deviancy amplification spirals in the media, and they're not race blind by any means. Here in the South, news outlets make an effort to sensationalize black-on-white crimes because that's what our population of mostly white, fundamentalist Christians wants to see - scary black boogeymen.

They don't even try to hide their biases. Our news media blatantly endorses republican politicians, pro-life organizations, etc. All the media cares about is viewership, and to that ends, they will always cater to popular demand.

>> No.6050675

>>6050671
So? The opposite happens in coverage for other areas, yet do you find the statistic varying?

>> No.6050677

Because the white men who run society realised they could make some good money by letting liberal feminists bemoan "teh white menz" in the media while offering no structural critique of power. They also presumably realised it's easier to stay in power if you appear laughable and stupid.

>> No.6050685

>>6050677
next time you are tempted to talk about something you have no fucking clue about, instead of saying something you should just keep quiet

>> No.6050687

>implying /lit/ would be caught dead reading something past 1950
Son, I'm going to have to disown you if you continue to be this much of a faggot

>> No.6050708

>>6050663
>Combined with the fact that we are in a peculiar period where being the 'slave' or the oppressed allows for a 'holier than thou' position from which to lecture from, so that even the more dominant forces in a society wish to perpetuate an image of themselves as underrepresented, misunderstood, radical, rebellious, etc., it should be noted that, despite its prevalence, leftist theory (particularly critical theories of race and class) will never be acknowledged as domineering or the status quo.

Because it lacks the material and political power to force any changes. All the left wing criticism about the US foreign policy had little effect. They are at best a thorn in the side of the wealthy who have seen their assets increase. Their criticism about race have not stopped the drug war, police brutality, or other state and federal practices. Most public outcries don't amount to shit. SJW have succeeded in pissing people off on the internet and making themselves seem powerful while lacking any by picking on weak targets like that firefox dev.

>> No.6050716

>>6050675

The statistics do vary. Crime occurs largely in areas with communities below the poverty belt. Here I am in a very homogenous (white) part of the South, and black crime is practically unheard of. We have white tweakers killing other white people to fund their meth habits, white ghetto kids killing other white ghetto kids, fucked up white kids who kill more privileged white kids, etc. When black crimes finally do occur, the media is all over that shit. Forget the fact that some whit kid just shot up a school, they want to do a 10-part series on that black guy who held up a liquor store instead.

As far as race and crime correlation, there is none. There is, however, a strong correlation between poverty and crime. If you live in an area that's mostly black and is incidentally below the poverty line, then of course it's going to be plagued with rampant black-on-black crime. Again, it's the same ordeal here in the white parts of the South. We're all poor, come from shitty families, and are severely fucked up as a result.

>> No.6050717
File: 12 KB, 480x360, mrtlouisck.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This thread is becoming therapeutic.

Is this a class thing? Is the middle-class male dying out? It does seem that lower and higher class males are absolutely degenerate and false, where as middle-class men are responsible for all the great things that ever happened--yet it's middle class men getting fucked the most in our current system.

Divorce courts that side against them.
Diminishing job prospects outside of STEM and soldiering.
All culture is virtually regulated by jews and women.
The literary world is dominated by women.
90% of teachers are women.
50% divorce rate.

Shit is going downhill big time for the responsible white male.

>> No.6050744
File: 41 KB, 700x479, bowserheadergr.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ill answer your question with a story, the story is the oldest story of all, a story that the Jungle Media has tried to take out of the books, because they dont like it, but it tells the story of how white people were created as a race apart from the mutated monkey people who formed the Jungle Media and control the information about the true story and that's what happened so far in the story.

The next part is that the whole group of all the Gods sat in council on the nipple of the World Boob, the biggest boob the planet had back then, and thought about how they really fucked it up the first time, and the jungle people bred like rabbits and beat their wives so bad that they fuck the babies eyes up and turn their body yellow with a bruise now there squints up in Asia and in China they have sex with rats and that's how the plague happened

The rest of jungle people went north into the desert on accident but figured out to survive in the desert by cutting upon a camels hump and drinking the hump milk, and they had sex so many little kids their skin turned whiter but they still had gross pubes all over their body that fell off the goats when they putting their dicks in their butts too and thats why there hairy and smell like gross sex for their lives

The next thing to happen is that the Gods were like damn we fucked up time to do better and so the biggest god of all and also the smartest told the others to shut up for 3 years so he could think, and he sat on the highest point of the world, the World Boobs nipple center, and then finally he was like goddamn thats a tight idea and he flexed his pex and a white dude flew out of his right pec and then his left pec didnt do shit

then the big god felt a touch at his shoulders and his dick that was also a thing that could talk was the one who poked him and it said "im feeling very bad, i think i need to be sick" and the god said "oh no i think your safe" and the trowser snake said "thanks for being a big help but ill be right back" and it knelt over and barfed up a ball of phlegm and mucus and white bitch nectar

anyway that parts not that important but the ball of that gross shit had the first woman in it and they were both like gross dude. go clean yourself up. and the first woman was pissed but then 40 babies or something flew out of the big gods left pec and so they were ready to start the white people

then later on the white people sailed into the real world and started beating the shit out of the squinting rat people and the jungle people and the pube dudes. and before the white people came shit was mad gay. and white people saw that shit and were like nahhhh thats done with and they created science and laws

but the jungle people came together with the rat people and the other idiot halfpeople and decided to create the Jungle Confederacy. and that was when they decided to start telling nothing but lies and the Jungle Media helped too

>> No.6050745

>too beta to post this on a red board
>responsible
One and only one