[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 660 KB, 1280x1652, tumblr_n9vh2tgZqH1rdkktwo1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6009591 No.6009591 [Reply] [Original]

Anyone else going to get the published version of Megan Boyle's Liveblog project?

I really enjoyed reading it originally. I think it connects to the idea of autofiction (see also Ben Lerner, Tao Lin, Knausgaard), responding to the split between reality and linguistic representation that was such a big part of postmodernism (meaning authors like Donald Barthelme, William Gass) by making fiction not so much a representation but a practice, a part of their life and reality.

From the recent Beleiver interview with Lerner: 'I now also like to imagine Ben's oeuvre as a collection of fractal, cross-reality resonances and interference patterns between and amongst life and fiction, poetry and prose, novels and essays and stories, sensation and imagination, past and future, images from fictional movies and photographs of concrete reality, factual histories within fictional narratives and fictional histories within global cultures'

Liveblog definitely seems a part of this trend. Feel excited.

>> No.6009605

damn novemnber so far away.

have you read 10:15? my painting professor said it was better then taipai (60 year old beatnik guy)

>> No.6009610
File: 54 KB, 152x281, checking from the side.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I keep feeling that this clash between reality and fiction is only appealing to the current generation because of the general over exposure to the idea of registering your life for everyone to see, but it's not that different from most classic works when it comes to execution. I'm sure that if we were alive at the time and close friends with, say, Blake we would get a pretty similar experience of fiction meeting reality and back.

>> No.6009615

Meme

>> No.6009647

>>6009605
No, I mean to though.

I read Leaving the Atocha Station, which felt a lot more composed (?) than Taipei, like Lerner had some specific ideas about aesthetics and politics which he wanted to incorporate, which felt kind of heavy-handed sometimes.

>> No.6012332

>>6009591
>I really enjoyed reading it originally.
>>6009591

is it not online anymore?

>> No.6012336

wow is that the same megan boyle from tao's movies

she looks awful

>> No.6012394

This sounds like Borges. Is it like Borges at all?