[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 162 KB, 307x475, A Clockwork Orange.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
596202 No.596202 [Reply] [Original]

I'm writing a paper on A Clockwork Orange and I'm having some trouble. Can you guys talk about some things I should definitely touch on just to give me some direction?

Also what did you guys think about the 21st chapter, I personally liked it.

>> No.596205

explain how the author was a communist

>> No.596208

Free will, whether being good without a choice is better than having the choice to do evil, etc.

>> No.596213

>>596208
That's really helpful, thanks. I know I should also talk about the government but I'm having trouble putting it into words how they're always trying to be powerful, saving face by fixing Alex, etc.

>> No.596214

Well, after you actually read the book, come back and tell us what YOU think you should include, and really tell us what you thought about the 21st chapter.

>> No.596222

>>596214
Agreed

>> No.596232

You should consider the question of whether or not this book has a fundamentally humanistic message.

>> No.596239

>>596214
>>596222
See >>596213 and >>596208
Aside from those two things I'm going to talk about the 21st chapter since it wasn't originally there as well as talking about generic things like the milk bars, some of the characters, other symbols and whatever. Other than that I don't really know what to talk about at all.

And I really did like it, I talked about it with my dad and he disagreed saying that it took away from the book (since he originally read the version without it when that came out). I like how he doesn't just up and decide that he doesn't want to be violent but it's sort of a gradual process of disinterest until he meets up with Pete.

>> No.596240

talk about the metaphor of the china doll and his relationship with his uncle.

>> No.596441

Mention something about the music he listens to