[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 189 KB, 333x360, wat-baby.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5923811 No.5923811 [Reply] [Original]

Explain to pleb what Postmoderism is.

Is it a just a catch all phrase for everything we can't yet sort into categories?

>> No.5923937
File: 54 KB, 152x281, checking from the side.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Postmodernism is a complex response to the many facets of modernism, it's almost impposible to simplify because someone else will come with different interests or priorities and their focus will make it sound quite different while just caring more for other aspects.

As general as I can make it, it's about realizing that the meta stories are bullshit (the idea that communism, free market, catholicism, etc will eventually lead to a perfect world), instead most authors present pre-modern texts and non european societies as examples of how history (and all the human constructions that appeared through it from society or text to gender roles or markets) is a constantly changing construction than can be dissected and analyze with a kind of depth that is inherently resulting of the modernist focus on registers and cross examination.

Did I do good? Did I fuck it? I'm sure someone else will correct me.

>> No.5923955

>>5923937
In a similar vein modernism is actually many movements through a very long time. Even though there are general characteristics it's hard to unify impressionism and fordism.