[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 33 KB, 289x398, jensen.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5912414 No.5912414 [Reply] [Original]

So why haven't you become Anarcho-Primitavist (or Anarcho-Indigenist) yet? Indigenous people are the only ones who haven't wreaked destruction and misery on this planet.

>> No.5912436

>>5912414
because I enjoy the luxuries that modern life gives me and I don't give a shit about fucking birds or plants.

also

>wreaked destruction on the planet

As if you can separate humanity from the rest of the natural world

>> No.5912440

>>5912436
As if you can separate anything from anything.

>> No.5912441

>>5912414
>Indigenous people are the only ones who haven't wreaked destruction and misery on this planet

they killed all the mammoths

>> No.5912444

judeo-christian morality reductio ad absurdum

>> No.5912448

>>5912414
Because it's not based on the historical material reality of Marxism
thought I do have an affinity for nature

>> No.5912450

Stand in solidarity with salmon, grizzlies, redwoods, voles, owls, to work with these others–as humans have done forever outside the iron shackles of civilization–for the benefit of the larger community - Derek Jensen

That's why

>> No.5912452

>>5912450
how do you work with salmons for the benefit of the larger community? unless you want to feed people with your body like salmons do

>> No.5912453

>>5912441
the mammoths killed themselves when they read your shitty posts

>> No.5912454

>>5912453
Well played.

>> No.5912455

From growing up and being integrated into a city life to living in the wild in a hut of some sort is a huge transition. I would like to do this, so if you were to suggest some ways I could do this (ie books) then I'll oblige.

>> No.5912456

>>5912414
It doesn't leave open the possibility of reading books or fucking around on 4chan. I like a reading and fucking around on 4chan.

>> No.5912460

>>5912456
this

>> No.5912469

slash and burn farming is highly destructive

>> No.5912473

They advocate illiteracy whilst simultaneously writing books, zines, and articles on the topic. They're all retarded hippies.

>> No.5912474

Because I want to destroy the planet and cease the suffering that life inherently brings.

>> No.5912477

i like not dying of dysentery at age 30 and shitting in the woods

>> No.5912480

>>5912414
I prefer to follow the sophisticated philosophy of king Arthus.

He was the first Arthist after all, even introduced the "h" into "thou". Using bloody skulls and sophisticated weapons as the tools of his trade.

>> No.5912482

>>5912414
He lives in my very small hometown.

Always thought of trying to have a chat with him.

>> No.5912494

>>5912482
Is your hometown so weird too?
Very small, but hard to get in touch with people.

>> No.5912520

>>5912494
No, there are too many blacks if anything.

>> No.5912546
File: 979 KB, 450x253, 1414964839893.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5912520
Ha Ha Ha!

>> No.5912551

>>5912520
I don't know your situation, but i can tell you how that sounds to an unknown anon from teh internet: Quite limited.

>> No.5912560

>>5912551

dear unknown anon from the internet, you seem quite asspained

>> No.5912565

>>5912551
How so? Blacks are loud, violent and stupid. One of them is too many.

>> No.5912594

>>5912414
w2c Raccoon sweatshirt?

>> No.5912629
File: 19 KB, 309x282, 1391978912550.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5912594
this!

>> No.5912631

But I am

>> No.5912637
File: 2.56 MB, 319x239, 1412218088947.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5912546

>niggers like this exist in the same universe as me and are considered humans like I am

Proof that all arguments for anything are pretty much pure ideology and the entire world is cosmic satire.

PROVE ME WRONG.

>> No.5912640

>>5912469
not like modern farming methods, monsanto is helping feed the world ^____^[\spoiler]

>> No.5912643

Read this book.

I think it's time for something new. We've had different method of organizing society throughout history.

The nation state is an outdated concept. We should have autonomous self governing communities and workplaces on a local level. Combined with ever increasing global connectivity though the internet.

>> No.5912647
File: 206 KB, 796x1257, 718o1eBXibL[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5912643

>> No.5912662

>>5912643

hehe, yes, we should, shouldn't we?
you should start this movement that we ought to do

>> No.5912688

>>5912560
>>5912565
My ass feels great, thanks for asking, maybe I have some tips for you.

>>5912637
Prove what? That you are too weak to even say "indian"?

>> No.5912697

>>5912647
>>5912643
Worst "philosophical treatise" of all time - I agree with the critique of anthropocentrism, but it is old, it's a notion which has been debunked by science since Darwin's grandfather Erasmus and before.

The stuff about "takers" (us) and "leavers" (those noble savages!) is incredibly naive and ill-informed and paints indigenous humans in an impossible light, as if they knew how to live "as one" with nature.

Archaeology has shown that mankind has always destroyed its surroundings, like the Maori who hunted the NZ megafauna to extinction, or the Nazca who created their own downfall by massive over-farming.

I do agree that we have to change the way we treat the planet, but it won't happen by going back to living like imaginary indians.

>> No.5912842
File: 28 KB, 237x346, 51nyBszEe0L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5912414

>> No.5913040

australia used to be lush and verdant but the natives were partial to starting fires to facilitate hunting which would then burn out of control and now oz is a red dusty hell-hole. native americans once had their own horses and so on, but accidentally ran them all off cliffs because of their lack of decent tools and hunting methods. in balance with nature my ass.

tribal societies have no concept of natural and human rights, and incorporate crimes against the person into their rituals. admit it, you're glad you don't have to stick your hand in a glove studded with live fire ants.

quality of life might be nominally better in some respects in a tribal society - much more free time to spend with your children, no looming danger of societal collapse - but the lack of available resources prevents people being able to use this spare time to fully express their creativity. instead, you get a shorter life, the persistent risk of famine, the death of at least one of your children, poor sanitation, disease, cold, bad food, no formal justice system, poorly defined right to individual property, loincloths etc.

indigenous people haven't wrecked the planet because they lack the capacity. Whereas, for all its wrongdoing, Western civilization could easily deliver to the rest of the world sustained high living standards if it could only get its shit together.

>> No.5913048

ps if you want a society that could have wrecked the planet but didn't it's time to get on your knees and suck ming dynasty china's dick.

>> No.5913232

>>5912414
Because it's virtually impossible these days. Really. Think about it

>> No.5913251

>Indigenous people are the only ones who haven't wreaked destruction and misery on this planet.
You obviously don't know anything about indigenous peoples. The Maoris did what amounts to genocide to other NZ inhabitants and the amazonian Indians conducted huge eco-engineering projects on the forest. There is nothing inherently more harmonious about their lifestyle. They simply did not have the means to wreak more destruction.

>> No.5913309

I wouldn't call myself that, but people would say I'm close to it.

I often see this battle against the notion of a good indigenous society by noticing that they also had wars, disease and even environmental issues, and then use that to discredit their way of living or at least equating their ways to ours. There is a tendency to underestimate the scope of our civilization when in relation to them. A fisherman is not harmful to the river or to the fish in it, but a huge ship fishing tons of fish out of a certain coast and sending them all over the globe can make irreversible changes to that environment.

Death will always be present and it's interesting to see how we relate to it by comparisson. Today, if a 35yo person dies, we say it is a tragedy to go so soon, 200 years ago, it wasn't that much weird. Losing children were also normal, having 7 brothers was normal too. Everything was different. In this societies, there are wars and problems, there is religious rites that our society would never accept, even though we have things they would never accept. When a certain tribe refuses to take pictures, saying it steals our souls, we shrug it as barbaric nonsense, but then we enlarge this to discuss media representation, iconoclastic movements, etc and you have an issue just like theirs.

We have tons of things we don't need that we justify having just because we want them and believing that they come out of nowhere and are of no consequence. Of course, the consequence is far from our sight. I encourage you to visit a landfill dump and not be shocked by it. Even if we rationally acknowledge its existence as we take the trash out, we don't really understand it, feel it, or live it. Same with slave work that makes our products. All due to the huge scope of it.

A war between tribes is very different from Palestine vs Israel, Pearl Harbor and Hiroshima, Nazism and Europe or the not so cold consequences of the Cold War to Latin America and South East Asia. In the same way that animals hunting each other and fighting to survive is very different from the way we raise animals to eat them, or the way we use incredibly large portions of land to produce one single vegetable. Problems arise from there and the solution we got wa compensation. If you plant corn amongst many other things in your yard and a bug eats all your corn, that's not the end of the world. If the same bug reaches a big plantation, the farmer reacts with poison or even altering the corn on a genetic level. Later, he will mock those who don't know how to save the corn, not realizing there is no need to do it under that other context.

cont

>> No.5913311

>>5913309

The point of defending different ways to live, indigenous and primitive mostly, is not so much as to say we should live like they live. But to stop attacking them from our biased position and take it as principle that we could learn a lot from the way they live, assimilate that and transform our society for the better. When people attack their way of living because they also have problems, I'd question whether those problems are any worse than ours and whether that is something we believe just because we have inherited society in a certain way. Just like losing a 35yo friend is a tragedy, but it could not be. In fact, the big scope of the global civilization we have built for ourselves seems to me exactly the one which makes a big case about anything. That to be naked is shameful because of appearances, or that not having internet connection is worth of tears, or that dying is the end of the world. We keep fighting everything that is bad without ever seeing it as natural or at least part of life. Our wars are supposed to end all wars, they seek worldwide utopia.

All of that has a cost. Do you really think your wooden table is worth of the tree that made it? Do you think that what we say or do improves silence and not doing? Do you think every kind of life is better than death? Or that every steak is worth the life of that animal?

I'm not an anarcho-primitivism because I agree we can't go back, but we can sure learn from these societies and apply them to our life. To take a step back and think whether all the garbage and work and money and energy we put into action to make the iPhone 7 come out next year is really worth it. Whether we should treat our health at the hospital and not by dropping the use of cars and planting our own food, whether we should treat safety with police and prison and not with education and culture. We don't need spaceships, we need peace. We don't need advancement, we need enhancement. Less moving forward and more waiting and listening to our needs, differentiating them from shallow vanity.

We are living today "as if we can separate anything from anything". But we could bring it all together, diminish our expectations and learn to deal with certain differences and problems. Instead of fixing something, questioning what it costs to fix it.

Our individual based society is new and particular to our time. There are a bunch of other alternatives and we must learn from them, not to copy, but to consider them as possibilities rather than things that should stay away from ourselves.

One of my favourite visions of a different society is this one:
http://vimeo.com/31359086

>> No.5913318

>>5912414

Indigenous people are like everybody else, they wreak as much misery and destruction as their means allow them to. Jensen is a crybaby faggot who managed to scum a living off of white middle class guilt.

Also it has fuck all to do with literature.

>> No.5913321

I am not a primitivist, but I do believe that the nation state is a failed concept. What is it based on besides racism and arbitrary borders?

>> No.5913607

This is a pretty cool text.

>> No.5913704
File: 897 KB, 280x206, 1359774564929.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Because, OP, I'm not retarded.