[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 2.74 MB, 4320x2432, tmp_26297-IMG_20141123_242738513439853193.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5763510 No.5763510 [Reply] [Original]

Sup /lit/ I used to think this page was stupid as shit but taking LSD, finding out some friends aren't who I thought they were, etc, etc. I'm learning not to judge and be biased. I'm looking for something strong. I haven't actually read a book since high school, Ive never gone to college and work at some factory job.

That's it for me man. I'm only 21. Can anybody recommend something? I'm trying to change my life to the better. No more drugs, no weed, finding new hobbies, etc..

I wish you guys knew. But hey if anybody has the time and willing less to help some one who is in a phase... Let me know. First book I actually looked up is...

East of eden but I'm sure my lit isn't where its supposed to be. Get me? Help a brother out please.

>> No.5763534

I'll recommend to you to read Crime and Punishment. It got me back into reading books, which I hadn't done since high school. It's a very powerful novel, and it's not that difficult to read, other than the Russian names, maybe.

>> No.5763622

half of this board is potheads and psychedelic abusers. Reading isn't some magical hobby of the moneyed gods/

>> No.5763631

The Greatest Salesman in the World

>> No.5763634

>>5763622
>half of this board is potheads and psychedelic abusers.
>Meow

God, I hate meow. It makes me so anxious and nervous. It's like the worst speed in the world.

>> No.5763639

>>5763634
Fuck, I've taken that.

>> No.5763641

>>5763534
Such a snoozefest.

>> No.5763680
File: 769 KB, 320x240, aoi-miyazaki-o.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5763510

Sometimes people come to this board looking for book recommendations for the problems they're having in their life but I never really know what to suggest. I read mainly as an enjoyable pastime/hobby or at least a distraction from life's troubles. I have my own fair share of problems but I try to lessen them by getting counseling/psychiatric support and physical activity. Since I live in a country with free healthcare I have this option, I don't know about you - you probably need counseling not medications.

reading is a quiet hobby that can take up a lot of time and doesn't have to be expensive. people who read generally aren't crazy party animals although there is a genre of books based on that. maybe reading some books might be good for you.

>> No.5763738

>>5763641
I find C&P quite gripping.

>> No.5763753

Gestalt Therapy: Excitement and Growth in the Human Personality.

>> No.5763762

Some books I like:

Pride and Prejudice
Catch-22(my all time favorite)
Animal Farm
The Old Man and the Sea
Moby-Dick
Dracula

To name a few.

>> No.5764451

Passed out. Defffinatly going to check out that crime and punishment book the other books you guys listed are in the wish list / watch list. I mean in high school I did read books because I didn't want to pay attention in class (that turned out well) but thanks for listing a few :)