[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 464 KB, 1500x1873, Hemmingway.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5740075 No.5740075 [Reply] [Original]

tfw you'll never be an adventurer of any kind because there are no more wars to be fought, no more conquests to be made, no more faraway places to be discovered and studied. There are no more blank spots on the globe.

At what point did you realize that you will never be a stoic font of masculinity like the men of years past? May as well give up now and become an apologetic tumblr manchild or take estrogen shots and grow tits.

All we can do now is read about what we missed out on.

>> No.5740081

yeah, there are no more wars ever now

>> No.5740083

Go back to tumblr then.

If you don't think there is anything interesting happening in this time period or anything to strive for then you are obviously underage or stupid.

>> No.5740086
File: 591 KB, 905x917, 1411865946718.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.5740099

totally world peace right now nothing bad at all happenning

>> No.5740118

>totally world peace right now nothing bad at all happenning

>yeah, there are no more wars ever now

Sure, go fight for shitskin mudslimes in syria.

>> No.5740454

>>5740075
Good argument.

However the unknown is still at reach of the jump you never take.

>> No.5740465

>>5740075
Go volunteer to fight ebola, or go join a kibbutz in Israel. Get some carbine training and join a Black Water outfit. There are still adventures to be had, they're just unsavory for the most part.

>> No.5740474

>>5740118
fuck that i want to kill my fellow whites because they are predictable

and i want to travel to the dark spots on the globe that are safe for me

>> No.5740475

>>5740118
>WW2
Sure, go fight for kikes
>Korea
Sure, go fight for gooks
>Vietnam
Sure, go fight for other gooks

>> No.5740492

There's still wars happening and we still have space and the bottom of the ocean to explore

>> No.5740539

Where is your ambition?
If there isn't war, make war. There is much that has yet to be explored, 95% of our ocean for example. Our Solar system too.

>> No.5740545

>>5740075
Join Islamic State. There's your adventure.

Seriously, fuck off. Life isn't a fucking game.

>> No.5740547

>>5740075
you can join ISIS

>> No.5740581

But there's plenty of things left to discover, OP. Like how to cure Ebola and AIDS, what happens in the deep oceans (the deepest part of the ocean are less well-known to us than space), how to create and maintain nuclear fusion, high-level AI, quantum computers, data analysis, the origins of the sumerian language, the explanation to quantic non-locality, the precise mechanisms of epigenetics and proteinomics, how to make our system economically and ecologically viable, how to create 100% pure ideology, how to get a gf, and so and so on....

If your only concern is that you'll never be able to look like one of those old embodiments of stereotypical masculinity, I suggest you watch the complete collection of james bond movies a hundred times, while learning to replicate every gesture, until you finally achieve supreme gentlemanlihood.

>> No.5740839

Come on, guys, ISIS? Explore the ocean? That's obviously not what OP means. He's talking about WAR, you know, hanging out in the italian Alps chatting up sexy brittish nurses while having espressos and a good cigar.

He's talking about going lion hunting in Kenya with your own private guide, you know, adventure. And then coming back home and the crowds are waiting for you at the port, eagerly taking your picture and asking about your new book. You know, the life of a writer.

Seriously, what's Ebola got to do with writing? Hemingway didn't write about that.

>> No.5740885
File: 110 KB, 1000x984, 1406343195211.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>you were born too late to explore the world

>you were born too early to explore the stars

>> No.5740917

>>5740885
You idiot. It's easier to explore the world now than it ever was. All you need is a few hundred dollars.

Jesus Christ, this generation...

>> No.5740952

>>5740917
What's the point of travelling today? So that I can enjoy a cheaper McDonald's?

And I wasn't talking about travelling, dumbshit, but exploring.

>you will never embark as a young lad on a ship sailing towards a mysterious land supposed to be filled with riches of every kind.
>you will never fight against exotic natives, swashbuckling your way to dominance over the savages of the forest
>you will never be treated as a living god by the conquered natives, grateful for your civilizational influence on them.
>you will never retire as the king of patagonia, surrounded by a harem of native women, and an army of slaves willing to fight in your name long after you will passed away.
why live?

>> No.5740966

>>5740952
You seem to be assuming that since every part of the Earth has already been discovered, there is no richness worth getting to see anywhere.

This is rather reminding of the /r9k opinion that non-virgin girls are spoiled and not worth fucking.

>> No.5740991

>>5740966
>non-virgin girls
absolutely not kosher

>> No.5741002

>>5740966
>You seem to be assuming that since every part of the Earth has already been discovered, there is no richness worth getting to see anywhere
Well yeah, every part of the Earth has been discovered.

Are you denying that? Are you claiming that there are still undiscovered continents?

>> No.5741020

>>5741002
>Are you denying that? Are you claiming that there are still undiscovered continents?

Are you able to understand a simple sentence ?

What do you not understand in the construction "since every part of the Earth has been discovered., there is no..." ? I plead guilty, the "then" in my sentence was implicit. Other than that, you have no excuses for misreading my post that badly.

Also
>complaining about not having a new continent to explore

try exploring the nearest big city first. Should give you plenty of adventures.

>> No.5741095

>>5741020
>try exploring the nearest big city first. Should give you plenty of adventures.

No, but you see, he wants to be the exotic adventurer that shows up at a virgin land and shoots everybody while the natives throw pebbles at him, and then he conquers them all, and the women suck his dick and the men dig up their gold for him. All without no effort, just by the power of "The Adventurer".

God, typical neckbeard kissless virgin fantasy.

>> No.5741109

>>5741095
It's a fantasy, sure. Why is it "neckbeard kissless virgin" ?

>> No.5741133

>>5741109
because mature people that are able to deal with human relationships have more human fantasies, where you interact with other people as human beings, not just as objects to be opressed and sexualized. And I'm not even a SJW.

Seriously, that's a very narcisistic fantasy, typical of neckbeard kissless virgins, who have delusions of grandeur yet are afraid to expose themselves, because someone might shatter their delusions.

Not saying you are a neckbeard etc, just saying that the fantasy described is typical of narcisistic necbeards.

>> No.5741139

>>5741109
Because kissful virgins know the chase for a kiss is already an adventure, and non-virgins know the chase for pussy is somtimes an adventure, though often a worrisome one.

>> No.5741150

>>5741133
>because mature people that are able to deal with human relationships have more human fantasies, where you interact with other people as human beings, not just as objects to be opressed and sexualized. And I'm not even a SJW.
How boring.

>> No.5741205

>>5741150

Nah, it's cool. But there's tons of fun things you can do that don't imply treating others as objects.

Me, I like to sail. I'm getting into racing these days. There's a famous race, Fastnet, from southern england to the west tip of Ireland and back. People have been sailing that sea for centuries, and the race has almost 100 years. Yet it's still a fucking adventure. 20 years ago, there was a big storm, the race went on anyways. Out of 300 boats, only 80 finished the race. 5 boats sunk and were never recovered. 15 people died, 75 boats capsized.

Smaller accidents happen all the time in these races, New Zealand also has a reputation for killing sailors and flipping boats. And this year I'll be doing that race. For me, that's a fucking big adventure. Hopefully we'll have some rough weather, have to fight the elements and shit. But yeah, when I finish the race there'll be no harem of natives to enslave and suck my dick. Still, that's an adventure to me.

>> No.5741212

>>5740075
OP, it sounds like you have no imagination and a retarded ideas about masculinity. If you want to be strong and change the world, those meanies from tumblr aren't going to stop you. But you need to ditch the self-pity and find a good goal.