[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 81 KB, 333x500, gravitys-rainbow-penguin.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5737428 No.5737428 [Reply] [Original]

I mean lets face it, the section of the book detailing the travels of Tchitcherine and Dzaqyp to see the Kirghiz light is probably the best part of this whole novel: the themes for this section exemplify the themes of other sections, really.

The theme of linguistic progression, and the similarity of this to molecular definitions and creations as well, in a characteristically negative direction, is beautiful. How he ties this in with the effects it has on lesser peoples, like the opium dealer's reality and life, and the effect of language on the middle eastern Qu'ranic religions. Just absolutely wonderful. But overall, the theme of displacement reigns true. The alienation of peoples and allegiances formed through random placement in place, religion, and always based on race, reigns true in this section as well.

>> No.5737527

>>5737428
It's been years since I read it but I remember loving the Tchitcherine/Kirghiz light part

>> No.5737688

>>5737527
Yeah, I just love this novel. The themes are so well made, and symbolism abounds in glorious colors.