[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 318 KB, 1920x1080, url.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5640942 No.5640942 [Reply] [Original]

Dear /lit/

I want to move out. Which is the best place to live that is full of (good) artist in the same manner as Paris was in 20s?

I might be a shit writer but at least I can met some good ones

>> No.5640946

>>5640942
Port Morseby

>> No.5640952

>good writers
>modern day

Just get on Twitter and say zany things in lowercase. Enjoy being part of the cultural vanguard.

>> No.5640955

Mongolia.

>> No.5640961

>>5640946
It seems too hot and I'm already living in a 3rd world country

>>5640952
Not only writers but filmakers, painters and shit.

I has to be a city that will be regarded as not shit to live in 100 years or so.

>> No.5640968
File: 158 KB, 500x357, hibari bed.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5640942
Argentina, because I'm there!

But no, the states is probably the place to be if you're from there. 20's Paris is only iconic because there were writers from the US migrating there and yanking it up, forty years later they had probably their stronger world impact and it barely matches the 20's in the popular mind around the world. It's a hell of a shitstorm, but if you can ride it the US can take you to the top.

>> No.5640981

>romanticizing paris
lol, pleb general

>> No.5640986

>>5640961
>It seems too hot and I'm already living in a 3rd world country
Morseby is more 4th world. For 3rd world try Enugu.

>> No.5640987

>>5640968
I'm already here and I'm not having fun

Maybe Buenos Aires is better but it is not fill with the best artists of the world. Plus getting shoot every weekend must be ugly.

>> No.5640990

>>5640942
Detroit, not even kidding.

>> No.5640994

>>5640990
>>5640986
>>5640968
>>5640955
>>5640946
I feel this whole thread is trying to get me killed

>> No.5640997

If you are a writer in the US, then you should go to a dilapidated city that is going through an uneasy and unstoppable gentrification. Oakland, Detroit, and Baltimore spring to mind, but you can get creative.

>> No.5641000

Consumer capitalism has taken over the world and as a result nowhere is cool.

>> No.5641011

>>5640961
I'm pretty sure you're going to find tons of artists in every country biggest city.

>Toronto
>Berlin
>New York
>Sao Paulo
>Mexico City
>Tokyo
>Saint Petersburg (maybe not the biggest but seems way more artsy than Moscow)

And it goes on.

>> No.5641021

>>5640994
Artists go places where rent is cheap. All these places are cheap for now. It's what made Paris in the 20's, with a combination of a killer dollar to franc exchange rate, cheap digs on the West Bank, and a vibrant ex-pat community.

>> No.5641022

>>5640987
BsAs is absurdly more friendly than you'd assume. You also have free museums and stuff.
BUT
I'm sure that if our country has any true future it must be through localization of the production in the heart of the country. When I was growing up in Mendoza I met a lot of potentially great musicians and writers, they all went away either to BsAs or Cordoba and eventually gave up on their production. If I had the money I would seriously start a publishing company, if you sell the books at a decent prize you could move a lot of stuff and create big names out of thin air (that's how Aira appeared, small meaningless publications everywhere and now he's being published in the states with articles about him in the newyorker). It only takes enough money to loose it all for a couple of years, so a lot for someone who can barely buy her books.

>> No.5641048

>>5641022
>>any true future it must be through localization of the production in the heart of the country.
>import substitution
>2014

Oh lord.

>> No.5641049

>>5641022
Currently living in the "interior" the image we got of BsAs is way more dangerous. I mean I live in this 200000 people city and once a guy broke into my house and another one tried but failed.

My brother lived in Cordoba for a couple of years and I don't feel it big enough to be influential in the world.

I hope Macri ditches the pesos and bring those sweet dollars

>> No.5641054

san francisco

only if you are white though

>> No.5641058

Berkeley, CA

>> No.5641083

Try anywhere in Massachusetts

how about quincy

>> No.5641091

I have a similar question.

I am an American classical piano player.

I want to find acity in Europe where I can study... anywhere?

>> No.5641108
File: 143 KB, 446x631, tsukimiya_ringo yuzumame.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5641048
I was talking about artistic production purely.
I would discuss that we don't really need the level of importation we have and that the money dedicated to promoting industrialization is a joke, but it's just an opinion based on very general data. I only know one econ major and most of his ideas are jokes on the level of the need to spend less and can't see clearly political intentions in economic moves, so I don't really have good sources about the topic.

>>5641049
Macri owns the company that won the bid to build the highways. Everything about his existence is a joke, as it tends to happen with the people in charge of BsAs. But people freely walk around past midnight in a week day, nothing happens. Bookstores remaining open up to 2 in the morning has always been a "thing".
>influential in the world
That's a bit too big, I'd be happy if people inside out own country read some books written by someone who isn't from the only city that gets published. Once you have national recognition you can see if you even care about working your way to the world, but it's a personal matter more than a city one. Again, Aira is getting published internationally, and even if entertaining his production isn't to die for.

>> No.5641143

>>5640990
I live in Detroit, there are hipsters here

there are programs where they give houses to writers. they might be full though

>> No.5641167

>>5641143
Here's a little tip: Hemingway and his crew would be considered "hipsters" nowadays.

>> No.5641173

>>5641108
In conclusion our whole country is a joke. Taxes up the ass don't help either.

How many time you got robbed in Bs As?

I feel like maybe we can get better in 2017 but by 2023 we will be in the same or worse state as today

>> No.5641181

>>5641167
I wasn't saying it as a pejorative

I'm just saying there is a sizable hipster population here. People have perceptions of Detroit, and though many of them are unfortunately accurate, they're not 100% true.

>> No.5641204

>>5640942
If you come to BC, Canada, you can live in my backyard for free.

This offer applies to everyone on /lit/.

>> No.5641206

>>5641167
Not really, they had a good relationship with academia and it was a time in which reading their books was seen as being a decent not communist.

>>5641173
I don't really think we're as much of a joke as we could be.
In an economical sense we've been trained to scream each time anything happens, right now we're much better than how we started the 00's and absurdely better than how we started the 90's. Add to that that the current inflation is probably just a means to ramp up consumption and close the current presidential period with the best marks possible. Whoever comes into power next is gonna be the real horror, a fuck up to give a golden closure to the K administration.
As much as we make fun of americans not understanding how right and left work in the rest of the world, we keep assuming that the president is anything else than the spokesperson of corporations. We live in a bubble with a false party dichotomy and we forget that our vegetables are a trademark and property of Monsanto and that our oil is actually mostly Chevron's property.
At the end of the day every country has their shit, it's a matter of trying to push through.

And in art terms... well, it's all pretty hard. I try to stay in touch with our production, but there's no one really trying to make it work. I dream of being Paul Argtreides and guide our people hardened by the cultural dessert into the conquest of the power that dominate us, but I'm just a shitty tranny who spends too much time in 4chan. Still, someone could, I'm sure of that.

>> No.5641217

>>5641204
Okay its me and my brother. Should we take a tent? Do you live alone? Is this sexual?

>>5641206
I think talent wise this country is in a great position but the whole "el que no roba es un gil" philosophy kills everything

>> No.5641229

>>5641206
>t was a time in which reading their books was seen as being a decent not communist.

Hemingway was under observation as a suspected Soviet spy for years, so that's untrue. Also, I'm not talking about their reputations now, I'm talking about how they were in Paris. Hemingway grew his hair, didn't work aside from writing, and drank all the time. Fitzgerald was a hypochondriac trust fund kiddie with a crazy and dramatic wife who always threatened to kill herself.

>> No.5641243

>>5641217
>Okay its me and my brother. Should we take a tent? Do you live alone? Is this sexual?

I could lend you my tent, but it might not be spacious enough for the two of you. I live with my mom and grandmother. Sex is optional.

>> No.5641258

>>5641243
>Sex is optional.

For you or for me?

What do you do for a living? I'm a programmer and my brother is a film director. How much is the monthly cost of living? How hard is to get a job with a tourist visa?

>> No.5641272

Iowa City.
Once you get past the drunk people, it's a genuinely creative community.
Plus, it's the only UNESCO City of Literature in the states

>> No.5641280

>>5641272
I'm in love with a girl from Iowa. They make 'em good there.

>> No.5641283
File: 88 KB, 400x660, 9936a80b64e28950cf109b502a4d12d2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5641217
Nada más giles dicen que el que no roba es un gil, y gente que tiene más miedo de ser herida que de no lograr sus metas.

>>5641229
But that was after this first publications, when he went to Cuba and had some Ron with revolutionaries, I can't see what did he think that would happen

>>5641204
How much rape are you charging?

>> No.5641290

>>5641258
You can have sex with me whenever you want, I guess.

I-I'm a NEET; no judgement, please. The cost of living is one of the highest in Canada, but so is the minimum wage. I don't know anything about tourist Visas, unfortunately.

>> No.5641301

>>5641283
Nadie lo dice pero todos chorean, se quedan con el vuelto del kioskero, se gastan la plata de los subsidios para arte, etc. Si alguin le dan 100 para que haga algo gasta 20 y se roba el resto. Mira por ejemplo los sobreprecios de todo lo importado tienen una ganancia del 100%

Pais lleno de hijos de puta.

>> No.5641316

>>5641272
First Iowa mention I have seen on this here website, which makes me a little happier. (I live in Iowa City.)

>> No.5641328

Start by spelling correctly, that's the first step.
Work on grammar and create the life you desire. Those who write do not always want to be around people seeking them out as "good" writers; idolizing a lifestyle but not working to create that for oneself.

>> No.5641334

>>5641301
As I've heard about the plans to federalize our tv broadcast it's a far more depressing reality: people aren't just stealing the money, they try to use it and fail. Mar del Plata wasted all its money in constructing two sets that can't be used to make the most basic green screen show, La Matanza tried to democratize the production process voting in every decisions to the point of assembly voting the clothing among everyone instead of just trusting the people getting payed to do that because they know about it, Mendoza though that it wasn't kosher to take private money so the projects died between each state payment. Even a son of a bitch has to make things work to get money, the real problem is the people with good intentions and no capacity to do anything.

And all the small stealing really means nothing compared with the people feeding of licitations or the construction mafia. If our bottom feeders could stay there instead of taking over fucking everything and dropping it as soon as it gets a bit tough to work maybe things could work. But we have farms just wasting tons of milk in protest of taxing as if they weren't being taxed before, getting mad that things can't be even easier without adjusting their production models.
But that kind of shit is in every country. I'd just like to have some Muad'dib to help conquer our cultural world, nothing more, maybe some jihad but all in moderation.

>> No.5641346

>>5641328
English is not my first language but please point out my errors, I need to improve it.

>> No.5641370

>>5641334
I live in a very small city maybe that is the problem too. There are artist here but since the community is small nobody tells anything is bad. I think the basic in any artistic community is someone telling your job is shit and not getting all butthurt about it.

I might have been a tad mad in my last post but trying to make art and money is painful here. Hell even only money without stealing is hard.

>> No.5641390
File: 683 KB, 1000x828, kashima_yuu gekkan shoujo nozaki-kun 2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5641370
Do you mind me asking where are you from? I promise I won't laugh.

>> No.5641401
File: 60 KB, 728x500, menem ferrari.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5641390
Draw your conclusions.

>> No.5641420

>>5641011
I'm in Toronto m8 and it's not very artsy. Well it is right now because there a big public art exhibit, but not the other 362 days of the year.

>> No.5641426
File: 70 KB, 578x523, 4f79119a8be150719f583228872a7e54.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5641401
Oh, you should get away from there as soon as you can. I know I said that the provinces were the future but that's pushing it. It's like San Juan, the only reason it became part of the country was because it was there.

I've heard great things about the south, though. I'd really like to teach there or something.

Anyway, I need to sleep. Hope you can get at least your stuff together and scape, if not getting your town's shit together and push it to success.
if you get published I promise I'll sleep with you ;^)

>> No.5641435

Move to Bisbee, Arizona and hang out with Doug Stanhope.

>> No.5641441

>>5641426
Th-thanks Im not even gay

But know you see where I'm coming from with all the this is utter shit thinking. But what you say is so truth that is sad.

>> No.5641462

>>5641441
My dad was born in the most horrible piece of shit town that only existed because a road had to go through there, and eventually got a prize from the biennial of Florence. Getting exiled through erp money helped a lot with that, but that's just part of the general idea of putting it all in the things you believe. Hope things turn out for you.
you'd be surprised how well I can rock a wig

>> No.5641475

>>5640942
st petersburg

>> No.5641490

>>5641462
Was it Pergamino?

Anyway I'm going to sleep will check this tomorrow.

>> No.5641495

>>5641206
Rather, reading their books was decent and communist. Now, it's indecent and 'snobby', or 'elitist', or darned if we know, but whatever it is it's got more honester folk real disconcerted.

>> No.5641520

>>5641490
His town? No, a small nothingness under 300 people. He obviously moved to BsAs.
His work? No, I'm not aware of who have been scoring the prizes this last years.

>>5641495
Really? That much? I guess there still was a left wing to care about that stuff, I always though he represented what a "wholesome american man" was meant to be, so he got used as sort of propaganda.

>> No.5641525

>>5641520
Fuck under 300 that is like living in a single house.

>> No.5641534

>>5641346
Corrections in [Brackets].

>>Dear /lit/[,]

>>I want to move out. Which[1.---] is the best place to live that is full of (good) artist[2. s] in the same manner as Paris was in 20s?

>>I might be a shit writer but at least I can me[3. e]t some good ones

The second and third are very simple fixes. Artist needs to be pluralized by adding an S and met should actually be meet. Met is the past tense of Meet. Your first error is actually a bit more serious.

In English you typically use Where to ask about places. Where did you get that? Where are you going? You can however use Which or What to talk about places too. Let's imagine I knew you and you were deciding to live in Canada or Mexico. I could ask "Where have you decided to live?" or "Which one/place did you decide on?" "Which is the best place" doesn't fall into this category and sounds really strange. If you wanted to use the rest of the sentence "--- is the best place to live" I think that What sounds a little bit more natural, but it isn't proper English. Spoken or written I would completely understand it, but it would stand out as obviously vernacular/foreign.

Instead, I would say something like;

What city is most filled with (good) artists in the same manner as Paris in the 20's?

You're probably ending up in a city for culture anyways, and I use what here because there are many cities in the world to choose for. We usually use Which when we're talking about a few things, and What when talking about abstracts.
>>What is your favorite color
>>Which color do you like more(While displaying two or several colors)

I hope that helps!

>> No.5641545

>>5641534
Yes I something fuck up "s" or other letters when writing because I don't pay attention.

But the whole Which/What part was really useful. Thanks anon.

>> No.5641583

>>5641420
It's probably just a matter of where to look. Big cities have a lot more programs and opportunity for artists to come together. If I had to guess I would say Portland would be a fairly hot spot for artists, can anyone confirm or deny this?. Paris was probably the perfect place for artists to get together, everyone there always seems to have an opinion on anything art or philosophy related. I doubt anyone in America would be as willing to share their opinions that easily. Paris always seemed so foreign to me in that respect.

>> No.5641599

>>5641229

Its the other way around. Hemingway was a trust fund kiddie and Fitzgerald struck it rich with his first book at 24, but he spent all of it.

>> No.5641620

Chicago is satisfactory

>> No.5641854

>>5641525
Google "Winter Harbour, BC". That's where I used to live.

>> No.5641865

>>5640942
berlin

>> No.5641870 [DELETED] 

>MOVING TO AMERICA TO LIVE AMONG ARTISTS

THIS IS THE EQUIVALENT OF GOING TO CHINA TO LIVE AMONG GRIDIRON PLAYERS

WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD THINK MOVING TO BURGERLAND WOULD BE A GOOD SOURCE OF INSPIRATION??

WHAT SORT OF ARTIST COMMUNITIES ARE THERE IN BURGERLAND APART FROM NEPOTISM AND JEWS?

I THOUGHT THE WHOLE IDEA OF THE 20S PARIS SCENE WAS TO ESCAPE THE SHITHOLE THEY GREW UP IN

>> No.5641875

Essex, UK. The cultural capital of the world.

>> No.5641895

>>5641865
I thought Leipzig (hypezig) had already become the place for artists to go in Germany now that Berlin is uncool and getting way more expensive.

>> No.5641962

>>5640942
Iowa City, Iowa
Krakow
Kiev
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Santiago, Chile
Hong Kong

>> No.5641981

>>5641870
I thought it was the Jewish community that made America agreeable.

>> No.5642005

>>5641870

Are you Ausfags still butthurt about that Simpsons episode?

>> No.5642013

>>5641981
PLS
>>5642005
IM NOT AUSTRALIAN

>> No.5642073

>>5640990
http://www.bluefieldwritershouse.com/ I'm sure there's tons more like this out there in the US, but this one is among the most popular.

>>5641272
I'm sure Iowa is awesome for a writer. It's mostly because of the Iowa creative writing MFA, the largest program in the country. I read there's more than 50 writers accepted every year, plus a lot of them stay in the city after they finish. Note that these are not 50 'aspiring writers', they are the best selected out of thousands.

>>5641895
I certainly saw tons of artists in Berlin, and life was just as cheap as in Leipzig. I think Leipzig has an incredible book scene because it used to be the biggest book fair in Europe, but I don't know if that translates into a big artist/writer's scene. I did see a cool vibe, lots of energy and movement in Dresden. They have the design (painting, plastic arts, I dunno) academy and lots of art galleries on the streets.

>>5640987
Buenos Aires has a lot of shitty scenes (I used to hang out with 'artists' from Facultad de Filosofia y Letras...) but there's tons of good stuff too. Centro Cultural Rojas and CC Borges have writing workshops all the time, and many consacrated writers do the same thing. http://www.clarin.com/sociedad/mundos-intimos/Sitios-abrirse-escritura_0_1054694841.html

I hung out with wannabe artists all over europe. Rome and Paris are big, but that's not new. Barcelona is a huge place right now for literature in spanish, specially since most southamericans moving to spain choose that city. How many argentinian writers now work from Barcelona? Caparros, el gordito que escribe sobre messi, etc.

But a small city, full of expats and artists from all walks of life that nobody's mentioned is Prague, I've met tons of people living there, planning on moving there or having lived there. The city can't compete with Paris, NY or Rome, but for it's size it's attracting more than it's share of artists.

>> No.5642430

>>5640942
Eastern europe, asia and south america is where it's at. Poland, estonia, Czech, Beijing, Hong Kong, southern Japan, Argentina, Brazil-sao Paolo especially, uruguay/paraguay

>> No.5642485
File: 74 KB, 984x250, Screen Shot 2014-10-27 at 10.50.19 pm.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5642013
Why was this deleted? I thought it was a pretty good point.

>> No.5642506

>>5640942
Every country that has a star drawn in its flag should be nuked.

>> No.5642508

>>5642506
even Brazil?

>> No.5642514

>>5642508
>EVERY

>> No.5642964

>>5642506
Argentina has a sun, does it counts?

>> No.5642991

>>5642964
>sun
>not a star

>> No.5643000

>>5642991
But it has a face maybe you can spare such a qt

>> No.5643082

>>5641290
You are a girl right?

>> No.5643091

>>5643082
I always though he was a man.

>> No.5643114

>>5640997
Too late for Baltimore. Most of the city has hit peak gentrification. The only affordable places are still mirder hotspots. Basically, one side of the road is rich and safe with high rent, the other is cheap but still two or three murders a week. No in between.

>> No.5643531

>>5640968
Argentina is a beautiful country, but it's shit in the artistic view.

>> No.5643571

>>5643531
We're better than some other countries. Everyone read stuff from the US and the people interested in local stuff stick to their close circle of interest, so it's not as if we could really have a nation wide tendency to judge. Same with most latin american countries, you only hear about the writers that get printed in the first world or the ones that get hooked with the state.

>> No.5643851

>>5640942
What's the writing/art/fashion/music scene in Korea like?

>> No.5643955

>>5641011
I am brazilian and lives in São Paulo. Being a writer here is a joke.

>> No.5644423

>>5643955
and you would know this how?

lol. this thread is killing me. shut ins and college students giving insider info to an art scene they're not part of and know nothing about.

>> No.5644430

beijing

>> No.5644682

>>5644423
You lnow better?

>> No.5644752

>>5641091
How good are you?

>> No.5645121

>>5641000
Nah, but all that is cool will merely recede into a representation of its coolness.

>> No.5646211

Anyone moved from a southamerican country to burgerland?

How hard is to get a job with just a tourist visa?

>> No.5646255

Wait, no one has even given a proper answer?

Can anyone list countries that are equivocal to Paris in the 20's?

>> No.5646297

>>5646211
Absurdely hard.
Actually, a friend of mine worked as telemarketer selling stuff particularly to latin americans in poverty situation in the states. He told me that most people were just happy to hear someone with an accent they recognized and that would actually talk to them.
My dad lived some years in Switzerland a few decades ago and 80% of his friends were other argentinians, even though he could rock some french after a couple months.
Being an expat is hard, man. If you already have a job is much easier in the labor aspect, but just life is shit.

>> No.5646418

>>5646211
>How hard is to get a job with just a tourist visa?
Kek. This is literally illegal.

>> No.5646429

>>5646297
But what are my options? The only city worth a anything here is Bs As as we talked before.

>> No.5646435

>>5641091
Vienna. If you are over 16 and aren't at a professional level already, then I suggest you find something else to do.

>> No.5646550

I have been thinking about this one thing for some time. Please tell me how stupid this is.

Apparently Qatar and AE have very high salaries and are very friendly to immigrants. What if we get a nice group of, lets say, 70 artists and move all there and try some shit?

>> No.5646949
File: 4 KB, 132x117, images-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5646550

>> No.5646951

>>5646949
What could possibly go wrong?

>> No.5647035

Art doesn't have a geographical focus anymore. The fact you're discussing this on the WWW proves this. Do you need to literally taste your fellow artists' cum? Of course not! The words are all that's important, even today -- especially today!

>> No.5647066

>>5647035
Cyber-utopianism needs to go.

>> No.5647072

>>5646951
the downfall of the current arabic nation-state system

>> No.5647093

Melbourne, australia... actually, no thst place produces nothing, but if you want a scene it is perfect.

Otherwise I would suggest eastern Europe, probably Sofia, or Beograd.

Captcha:666

>> No.5647119

I'd say Tokyo, St. Petersburg, London, Barcelona, Milan, Bogotá, Delhi

>> No.5647291

>>5646211
it's actually extremely easy to get a job as an illegal alien in the US. It depends on your nationality, Mex/central americans can go there and there's a huge network of small businesses that hire them. A lot of illegals already set up will help you out.

Most southies get a 6-month tourist visa, I met tons of people working 6 months at a time, then going back to their country and coming back in, so they never overstay. Of course, you could overstay, but then when you eventually leave they'll give you hell/won't allow you to come back.

I worked legally as a waiter in Colorado, California, New York. The kitchen staff was 80% of the time illegal workers.

>>5646418
kek, and nobody ever does anything illegal.

>> No.5647672

>>5642430
name me 5 good artists from any one of those countries

>> No.5647684
File: 202 KB, 1024x768, Natalia-3-natalia-oreiro-26917419-1024-768.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5647672
I'll give you just one from uruguay, more than enough.

Natalia Oreiro: Writer, singer, dancer, actress, painter, and cutie too.

>> No.5647719

>>5647684
If merely a pseudo-artist whore: really, really hot.
If actually an artist on top of a whore: big bang sun multiverse hot.

>> No.5647750

>>5647719
she's the real thing. Check it out yourself if you dont believe me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INzVb-oQaOc

>> No.5647921

beijing

>> No.5648169

>>5647684
But she was made on Argentina. Who the fuck gets something going on Uruguay?

>> No.5648191

>>5647750
Why does she do a poor spanish voice at the begining?
Why did they push this shit so much? This killed my young belief in "top 40"s since no one could ever ask for this.

>> No.5648209

What are the criteria for this?

Cheap rent?
Safe?
Good bookstores?
Good places to work?
Places to pull inspiration from?

>> No.5648321

>>5648209
I guess we need to find out why people went to these cultural cities in the past like Paris, Athens and Rome.

>>5641021 listed some

I guess it needs to be friendly to inmigrants, have some jobs that allow you to live and do art shit, and somewhat safe not Monaco tier but at lest not way too violent

>> No.5648525

>>5640942
>>5640981
>>5640987
>>5641054
>>5641167
>>5641204
>>5641258
>>5641272

All you fuckers asking him to move need more Hemingway.

>Listen, Robert, going to another country doesn’t make any difference. I’ve tried all that. You can’t get away from yourself by moving from one place to another. There’s nothing to that.

>> No.5648556

>>5648525
It's nothing to do with escaping from yourself, though, but finding a city that better fosters artistic/literary ideas.

>> No.5648619

>>5648556
>Not artistic enough
>Move to another city, that'll fix it!

Yeah, that's running away from oneself; his real issue lies within.

>> No.5648632

>>5648619
Not necessarily. You see no difference in trying to become a successful musician in the middle-of-nowhere versus a city with many venues, culture, and other people seeking the same thing?

I do feel with literature the difference may not be as substantial, but there's still many benefits to it.

>> No.5648697

Tehran

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrnUvCsnOtw

>> No.5648967

>>5648619
Is not like Im running out of a big city in a first world country. Nobody cares what happens here, not even within my own country.