[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 2.14 MB, 2575x2897, KFHD7-P00.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5548338 No.5548338 [Reply] [Original]

how does it make you feel lit that e-readers are the future?

>> No.5548356

>>5548338
OK, honestly. I'm pretty happy with my Kindle. I still keep my walls stacked with bookshelves, but it just can't be beat for when I'm going on trips. Physical books will never go out of existence (less eyestrain, and there will always be purists who buy them), but I for one welcome the ebook revolution.

>> No.5548379

>>5548338

Indifferent. I don't read a book for the covers.

>> No.5548385

Doesn't make me feel much at all.

I don't have any interest in buying one or worry that I'll be required to.

>> No.5548408

>>5548338
E-reading works better with non-fiction than fiction in my opinion. I've read several books in PDF on my computer and recently got my first smartphone and I enjoy reading "the emperor of all maladies" on it, but fiction doesn't work as well for some reason.

>> No.5548432

>>5548356
And you can get so much for free or incredibly cheap. You can fill it with classic literature without spending a penny.

>> No.5548435

>>5548356
>less eyestrain
How do you mean? I have tried e-reader and it really looked like ink and no light seemed to be coming out. Does it really cause more eyestrain? Wouldn't it also be good for people who need reading classes so they could adjust the font bigger?
Just asking, not arguing

>> No.5548438
File: 962 KB, 1252x867, yurope .png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

correction: self published ebooks are the future

>> No.5548446

>>5548435
I was referring to E-readers with non E-ink screens, which seem pretty common. The plain, E-ink Kindle is just fine and has no eyestrain issues.

>> No.5548452

>>5548435
People seem to confuse tablets and ereaders a lot, like OP with his picture of a tablet. Unless you've the backlighting (on the paperwhite, for instance) turned all the way up to max in the middle of a dark room, theres not going to be any eye strain.

>> No.5548458

>>5548446
What you describe there is a tablet. They're not e-readers.

>> No.5548461

>how does it make you feel lit that e-readers are the future?
I'm a little sad that all the books Ive collected over the years will probably be thrown away by my future grandchrildren as personal libraries fall even further out of vogue. Sad that the quaint, antiquated image of fireplaces and extravagant home libraries with sliding ladders will vanish.

>> No.5548488

..was initially meh over the concept; few years of kindle use, however, it has definitely become my most used and favored gadget.

Still wouldnt bother trying to read horrible formats for mobile like pdf, otherwise, now into custom meta library sorting, re-reading authors chronologically, etc.

Books are better - till you get used to the advantages of an ereader.. place for both, cant beat reading in the dark either..

>> No.5549295

>>5548488
I used to not really care what I got, but after years of the kindle I really prefer it over traditional books. Like lying in bed reading, its not a balancing act/constant shifting of comfortable positions since the kindle is about x10 lighter and requires nothing more than a tap/press of the thumb to change the page.

Then theres taking it with me on a day to day basis. It takes up almost no space and as previously mentioned, is very light. No need to save your space either, flip that magnetic case closed and it shuts off and saves your spot.

I really hope nothing ever happens that means I need to make a return to physical books. Ereaders have spoiled me.

>> No.5549304

>>5549295
>space

place*

>> No.5549339

>>5548461
I hear you, bro

>Such is life