[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 141 KB, 369x341, 1385203766821.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5519099 No.5519099 [Reply] [Original]

When you write your literature do you have a specific premise/plot in mind? Do you draw out your characters and setting before hand?

Or do you just start writing and go with the flow?

>> No.5519105

>>5519099
well I once wrote a story, wait, hm, let me back up.

So I was dating this helicopter pilot/shoe salesman (he had two jobs because he had 3 kids and his wife died in a freak stamp-collecting related accident) and we were intimitely kissing on his bed, or rather, his sofa (he only had a sofa, and he slept in it with all his 3 children; 3 little girls, all 7 years old, they were triplets and all called Tanja), when Tanja crept up and wanted to join in.

I, being a morally upright person, said to Tanja:
No, this is not going to happen. You see, I am a writer and for this kind of shenanigans I simply will not stand. Can you appreciate my viewpoint?"; but only seconds after finishing Tanja started shivering uncontrollably and also farting intermittedly.

I asked Joe, that's the name of the helicopter pilot/shoe salesman with the triplets whom I was dating, so I asked Joe whether or not this was normal, and he kept kissing me, massaging my prostate with his left fist, and only vaguely nodded.

Tanja was now also foaming from the mouth. Together with the sporadic farting that picture could almost have qualified for a comedic one, were it not for the disturbing quality of emptyness to be observed in her eyes, betraying a look of predestined horror.

>> No.5519114

>>5519099

Can't you do both?

>> No.5519163

>>5519099
go with the flow mayne

>> No.5520778

>>5519099
I usually have some ideas of where I want the character/characters to go, but I let the story decide how they get there. Also, the ideas of where I want them to go beforehand usually can and will change as I write the story.

>> No.5520891
File: 81 KB, 470x544, geodesic-dome-house.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5519105
Your illustrated sermons suck Pastor Pete!

>> No.5520982

I go with the flow.

What do you think?

http://pastebin.com/Rys3G8SM

>> No.5521042

I don't write literature.

>> No.5521043

>>5519099
I used to write with the flow, until I wrote a 190k word monster filled with so much awful, pointless shit that even I couldn't stand to look at it. Now I at least plan out the beginning, ending, most of the major events and most of the characters before I do anything.

>> No.5521049

>>5519099
You're a bad writer if you don't do that.

>> No.5522028

>>5519105

That reminds me of this one time I visited this Chinese restaurant, or emporium if you will as they sold a wide variety of roots and herbs and Chinese products. So I walk up to the guy and I says here, "I want the chow mein". And then he tells me, "Do you mean lo mein? They noodles." My mind explodes with rage and I spill out onto him a load of profanities (I was getting sick of toting that load, if you know what I mean). I tells him, "Chow mein and lo mein are different things, you stupid gook".

So he looks at me and he says, "My sorry for communication. I come from Thailand and government come into village and take our men to turn into ladyboys." and I says, "Well that's allllllllright", winked at him, put my pants back on, and walked out the door.