[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 13 KB, 429x375, 1407751567625.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5274392 No.5274392[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

How does it feel to know that reading is literally irrelevant now?

How does it feel to know that novels are dead and social media is the only way people obtain information and communicate ideas?

How does it feel that no matter how smart and clever you think you are behind your little typewriters, constructing 4000 page diatribes about your perception of the world, no one gives a fuck and your ideas only apply to your echo chamber?

Words no longer change the world

>> No.5274395

2/10

>> No.5274399

>>5274392
who gives le fuck

>> No.5274407

feels fine. I believe you'll find sir the Internet is primarily made of words and it seems to be changing the world quite alright. And whether you like it or not, one of the most popular shows right now is based quite closely on a fantasy novel. Something most would have said were 'literally irrelevant'. Besides, even if no novel was ever written again, there is an enormous back-catalog of great books that I will only scratch the surface of in my lifetime. I feel sorry for you man if you have gotten such a bleak picture stuck in your head.

>> No.5274450

>>5274407
>See how many of my friends and acquaintances picked up reading again to Game of Thrones
>See hope for books

Also I guess most people read more when getting older

>> No.5274571

>2014
>not being aware of detachment of social media from actual world

Its like u guys never had a job

>> No.5274615

>>5274392

>Words no longer change the world

In the information age more power is derived from control of narrative and means of discourse than ever before.

Also 1/10 got a reply etc.

>> No.5274620

Reading is more relevant than ever, More people in the world than any time before read words, and most people people read hundreds to thousands of words a day in the internet and in text messages and social media.

I'm not hung up on the novel as a format, really.

>> No.5275449

>implying I give a fuck