[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 41 KB, 246x381, ConsiderPhlebas.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5057376 No.5057376[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I finished Consider Phlebas the other day (after taking nearly a one year break in the middle of it, since I wasn't very motivated to finish after that miniadventure on space cannibal island) and though a lot of it just draaaaagged, I really enjoyed the hell out of it. Especially the universe that he created. I just wish the book was shorter.

Which should I plan to read next? You don't really have to read them in order, right? Just not sure if there are books you can skip, or if there are ones much better than Consider Phlebas that are the highlights of the series or anything.

Anyway, Culture thread!

>> No.5057384

Consider Phlebas is probably the worst in the series, so it's all uphill from there

Use of Weapons and Player of Games are my two favorites

>> No.5057394

>>5057384
That's what I keep hearing, those two are top. Are they leaner, though? I enjoyed the musing parts of CP more than anything, with characters actually just thinking to themselves about why they were fighting or whether the Culture is justified in existing or not, all that stuff was great. Is there more of that and less tunnel-walking in the other books?