[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 86 KB, 600x586, AREIZOO II.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5050713 No.5050713 [Reply] [Original]

HELLO.

I HAVE A HYPOTHESIS THAT MIGHT EXPLAIN WHY JEROME DAVID SALINGER MADE “HOLDEN CAULFIELD” –AND HIS FAMILY– A “GINGER”, AND WHY AYN RAND MADE “HOWARD ROARK” AN “ORANGEHEAD”.

SIMILARITIES BETWEEN “HOLDEN CAULFIELD”, AND “HOWARD ROARK”:

>THEY HAVE “REDDISH”/”ORANGE” HAIR COLOUR.
>THEIR FIRST NAMES BEGIN WITH THE LETTER “H”.
>THEY ARE OVERLY INDIVIDUALISTIC; EGOTISTS.
>THEY ARE ANOMALIES IN THEIR RESPECTIVE HABITATS.
>THEY SMOKE.
>THEY DRINK ALCOHOL.

DIFFERENCES BETWEEN “HOLDEN CAULFIELD”, AND “HOWARD ROARK”:

>”HOLDEN CAULFIELD” IS HYPEREMOTIONAL.
>”HOWARD ROARK” IS HYPOEMOTIONAL.

>”HOLDEN CAULFIELD” IS OVERLY CONCERNED WITH OTHER PERSONS’ BEHAVIOR.
>”HOWARD ROARK” IS INDIFFERENT TOWARD OTHER PERSONS.

>”HOLDEN CAULFIELD” IS A TRADITIONALIST WHO DISLIKES CHANGE.
>”HOWARD ROARK” IS A PROGRESSIVIST WHO DESPISES STAGNATION.

>”HOLDEN CAULFIELD” WANTS TO PRESERVE.
>”HOWARD ROARK” WANTS TO REFORM.

THEY ARE OPPOSITE FACETS OF THE SAME ARCHETYPAL QUALITY; “THE EGO”.

"HOLDEN CAULFIELD" FITS THE "INNOCENT" ARCHETYPE.

"HOWARD ROARK" FITS THE "HERO" ARCHETYPE.

"HOLDEN CAULFIELD" REPRESENTS THE "SATTVA" (PURITY) "GUNA" OF VEDIC PHILOSOPHY.

"HOWARD ROARK" REPRESENTS THE "RAJAS" (MOTION) "GUNA" OF VEDIC PHILOSOPHY.

"HOLDEN CAULFIELD" IS VISHNU, THE PRESERVER & SUSTAINER.

"HOWARD ROARK" IS THE FOUNTAINHEAD SHIVA, THE CREATOR & DESTROYER.

HYPOTHESIS:

THE “TUATHA DE DANNAN” WERE A RACE OF NONHUMAN BEINGS, REGARDED AS DEITIES IN IRISH MYTHOLOGY. THEY ALL HAD “RED” HAIR.

JEROME DAVID SALINGER WAS FIFTY PERCENT (50%) IRISH.

PERHAPS AYN RAND, AND JEROME DAVID SALINGER, INDEPENDENTLY MADE THEIR CHARACTERS HAVE “REDDISH”/”ORANGE” HAIR, TO BE HOMOLOGOUS TO THE “TUATHA DE DANNAN”.

>> No.5050717

hi ZHKND

>> No.5050720

Jesus Christ, I feel like I'm back in the navy.

Reformat your post and maybe I'll read it.

>> No.5050728

i was here
sage of course

>> No.5050773
File: 45 KB, 600x450, stan_laurel_Confused__be_big_3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5050713
HELLO:

>PERHAPS AYN RAND, AND JEROME DAVID SALINGER, INDEPENDENTLY MADE THEIR CHARACTERS HAVE “REDDISH”/”ORANGE” HAIR, TO BE HOMOLOGOUS TO THE “TUATHA DE DANNAN”.

Many ancient Greek characters, including the gods, where gingers as well. It's a wonder why Ayn would pick "commie red" hair for her character. One of life's unsolvable mysteries.

>> No.5050810

>>5050713
Do you say "excuse me" after you break wind?

>> No.5050822

>>5050713
Why do you always type in caps on /lit/?

>> No.5050826
File: 40 KB, 511x440, neanderthal.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5050773
>>5050713

they are tapping (consciously or unconsciously) into the neanderthal archetype/lineage, who populated the european subcontinent and parts of russia/near east before homo sapiens muscled in.

>> No.5050832

>>5050826
>tapping (consciously or unconsciously) into the neanderthal archetype/lineage

Jung a shit

>> No.5050851

>>5050826

I DO NOT THINK SO; MAINLY BECAUSE OF THESE REASONS:

1. THE NEANDERTHAL ARCHETYPE IS NOT HEROIC NOR INNOCENT; IT DOES NOT CORRELATE WITH THE CHARACTERISTICS OF EITHER "HOLDEN CAULFIELD", OR "HOWARD ROARK".

2. AYN RAND, AND JEROME DAVID SALINGER UNCONSCIOUSLY TAPPING INTO THE NEANDERTHAL ARCHETYPE WOULD ENTAIL THAT THEY HAVE RELATIVELY STRONG –IF AT ALL– NEANDERTHAL GENETIC HERITAGE, WHICH I DOUBT.

>> No.5050860

>>5050713
if this weren't about characters in books, i'd say you're a conspiracy nut. but since they are... interesting patterns eh?!

>> No.5050863

>>5050851

>2. AYN RAND, AND JEROME DAVID SALINGER UNCONSCIOUSLY TAPPING INTO THE NEANDERTHAL ARCHETYPE WOULD ENTAIL THAT THEY HAVE RELATIVELY STRONG –IF AT ALL– NEANDERTHAL GENETIC HERITAGE, WHICH I DOUBT.

not necessarily, they would simply have to observe those who did, or in extension, experience works or cultural memes by those those who did, or who observed who observed and so on and so on.

>> No.5050882

>>5050863

THAT WOULD NOT EXPLAIN THE INCONGRUITY BETWEEN THE NEANDERTHAL ARCHETYPE, AND EITHER "HOWARD ROARK", OR "HOLDEN CAULFIELD".

THE NEANDERTHAL ARCHETYPE IS PREDATORY, NOT HEROIC, NOR INNOCENT.

>> No.5050919

>>5050720
the war's over buckaroo settle down

>> No.5050927

Ah yes, still making these threads after 3 years, huh Rei?
Haven't seen one on a while, I'd thought they were gone for good.
What have you learned after 3 years? What happened to your previous theories?

>> No.5050935

>>5050927
>still making these threads after 3 years, huh Rei?

TO WHAT ARE YOU REFERRING? WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY "THESE THREADS"?

>> No.5050936 [DELETED] 

>>5050927
Also have you read "Still Life With Woodpecker"? Robbins, smut writer as he is, goes in length about a redhead conspiracy that links Jefferson, the pyramids, and the Camel (cigarettes) logo. Might be interesting to you buddy.

>> No.5050946

>>5050927
Weird , what happened to my post.
"Still Life With Woodpecker" has a conspiracy theory about redheads, linking Jefferson, the pyramids, and camel cigarettes, all about how redheads are fiery and "lion-like"

>>5050935
Your conspiracy theory threads about Salinger's works, particularly Catcher and Holden.

>> No.5050950

>>5050946
>Your conspiracy theory threads about Salinger's works, particularly Catcher and Holden.

I DO NOT KNOW TO WHAT YOU ARE REFERRING; PERHAPS YOU ARE CONFUSING ME WITH SOMEONE ELSE.

I HAVE NOT READ THE BOOK THAT YOU MENTION.

>> No.5050959

>>5050950
WHO PERHAPS COULD HE BE CONFUSING YOU WITH? IS THERE SOMEONE ELSE ON THIS BOARD WITH A PROPENSITY FOR STARTING CONSPIRATORIAL THREADS WITH A FOCUS ON THE CHARACTER OF HOLDEN CAULFIELD AND THE BOOK TO WHICH HE BELONGS?

>> No.5050961

>>5050950
OK. so you've made these threads before:
>>/lit/thread/S4303952

You're right though. I was confusing you with someone else. I am still unconvinced that this was not your previous trip though:
>>/lit/thread/S2822356

Also 2 years, not 3. My how time flies, yet crawls, and we are unaware of how fast/slow it goes from a glance.

Also lol:
>>/lit/thread/S790334

>> No.5050970

>>5050961

REGARDING THE SECOND LINKED ARCHIVED THREAD, THAT IS NOT A THEORY, NOR A HYPOTHESIS; I WAS MERELY MAKING SPURIOUS CORRELATIONS.

>> No.5050977

what if Rei is JD Salinger?

>> No.5050978

>>5050970
Oh so you are ZHKND. Interesting.

I thought this was pretty funny:
>I WOULD RATHER BE AWAKE, BUT BORED, THAN ASLEEP & “CONTENT”.

>I AM GETTING BORED OF SMOKING CIGARETTES.

>TODAY I WENT TO SMOKE A CIGARETTE ON THE ROOFTOP OF THE BUILDING IN WHICH I LIVE.

>THERE WAS AN OLDSTER NEIGHBOR SMOKING THERE ALSO.

>HE DID NOT SEE ME, OR I DID NOT SEE HIM SEEING ME.

>FIRST, I THOUGHT THAT HE MIGHT BE A GHOST, BECAUSE I HAD NEVER SEEN HIM BEFORE, BUT MINUTES LATER I SAW HIM AGAIN, AND I CONCLUDED THAT HE WAS A PERSON.

>WE DID NOT MAKE “EYE CONTACT”.

>I THOUGHT THAT IF WE MADE “EYE CONTACT”, I WOULD WAVE AT HIM & GIVE A SLIGHT NOD OF ACKNOWLEDGEMENT.

http://thevagabondisland.tumblr.com/page/7

I think we could have been good friends, a few years ago.

>> No.5050983

>>5050977
J D Salinger died exactly a week after /lit/ was created.

>> No.5050984

>>5050978

WHY "A FEW YEARS AGO"?

HOW IS MY BEING ZHKND INTERESTING?

>> No.5050988

>>5050984
That seems like the sort of thing I'd have been wildly into back then. No more though, sorry friend.

Interesting that you changed your trip, though no more interesting than that as you have not changed your demeanor.

>I TYPED & POSTED IN /tv/, AS THE OUVERTURE TO “RIENZI” PLAYED.

>I CLICKED “REPLY” ON MY THREAD, AND STARED AT IT; STARED AT THE TEXT, AND AT THE ATTACHED IMAGE.

>VERY SLOWLY, I READ WHAT I POSTED, STOPPING TO STARE AT SINGLE SPECIFIC WORDS, STOPPING TO STARE AT SINGLE LETTERS.

>I STARED AT THE ATTACHED IMAGE, AND AT THE TEXT, REREADING WHAT I HAD POSTED.

>I OPENED THE ATTACHED IMAGE IN OTHER “TAB”, AND STARED AT IT, THEN CLOSED IT.

>TWO REPLIES APPEARED SIMULTANEOUSLY, BOTH WITH “sage”.

>I READ THEM, THEN REREAD & STARED AT THE TEXT THAT I HAD POSTED, AND AT THE ATTACHED IMAGE.

>I STARED AT MY THREAD, THEN AT SINGLE SPECIFIC WORDS OF WHAT I HAD POSTED.

>I STARED AT THE ATTACHED IMAGE, THEN OPENED IT IN OTHER “TAB”, AND STARED AT IT, THEN CLOSED IT.

>THERE WERE NO MORE REPLIES.

>IN APPROXIMATELY FOUR HOURS, I WOULD REPOST THIS THREAD, AND STARE AT THE TEXT, AND AT THE ATTACHED IMAGE.

>I STARED AT MY THREAD, REREADING WHAT I HAD POSTED, STARING AT THE ATTACHED IMAGE, AS THE OUVERTURE TO “RIENZI” PLAYED.

What a life you must lead. Do you still smoke?
You really are autistic aren't you? No offense meant. I don't think you're a pedophile, but I do see why you care so much about Holden as a character.

>> No.5050993
File: 25 KB, 214x247, DYwRB.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5050988
oops, forgot the post you were spamming
http://thevagabondisland.tumblr.com/page/12

>ONE WILL NEVER FIND A NOBLE ARYAN LITTLE GIRL WHO IDOLIZES ONE FOR ONE’S BODY, MIND, AND SPIRIT, IN THIS WORLD OF CORRUPTED CYNICAL YOUTH.

>> No.5050996

>>5050983
That's what he wants you to believe.

>> No.5051023

>>5050988
>That seems like the sort of thing I'd have been wildly into back then. No more though, sorry friend.

WE WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN FRIENDS THEN EITHER; FRIENDSHIP IS BASED ON MORE THAN SHARED INTERESTS.

>Do you still smoke?

NO.

>You really are autistic aren't you?

YES.

>I don't think you're a pedophile...

I AM NOT, NOR I WAS EVER PRETENDING TO BE.

>...but I do see why you care so much about Holden as a character.

YOU ARE PRESUPPOSING THAT "HOLDEN CAULFIELD" WAS A PEDOPHILE, WHICH REGARDING THE TERM "PEDOPHILE" AS SIGNIFYING SEXUAL ATTRACTION TOWARD CHILDREN/PREPUBESCENT PERSONS, HE WAS NOT.

>> No.5051032

>>5050988
Gosh you are one creepy bastard.
I take it back you probably are a pedophile too.

>> No.5051039

>>5051023
I was not PRESUPPOSING that "HOLDEN CAULFIELD" was a pedophile. I know he wasn't.

I was at a party the other day and spoke with the host's kid for a little while (it was 2am and he said he was having a bad dream) until his mother came in and I felt like a pedophile myself, even though I have no attraction to children. It is something easy to get tricked into in this day and age, thinking people are pedophiles.

You are presupposing that I meant "wildly into" as mere "interest".

Anyway you keep doing your shitposting thing. Sometimes you are funny, I do agree.

>> No.5051042

>>5051039

ARE YOU OFFENDED?

>> No.5051044

OP is absolutely a pedophile, you can tell based on his favorite movies among other things.

>> No.5051045

>>5051042
Not at all, don't worry.
Are you?

>> No.5051047

>>5051045

NO.

>> No.5051086

>>5051047
See this makes you make more sense:

>I LOOK PATHETIC. I CAN BARELY ARTICULATE. I CANNOT SOCIALIZE. PERSONS SMILE OR SMILE HOLDING BACK LAUGHTER WHEN I SPEAK TO THEM. EVERYONE IN THE STREET WATCHES ME; EVERYONE LOOKS AT ME AND I DO NOT KNOW WHY. I DO NOT DRESS IN AN “EXTRAVAGANT MANNER” NOR IN AN “ALLURINGLY DULL MANNER”. FOUR PERSONS IN THE SPAN OF TEN YEARS HAVE TOLD ME THAT I WALK “FUNNY” THAT MY GAIT IS “ODD” LIKE “CALCULATED” OR “POSED”, THESE PERSONS WERE A BARBER WHEN I WAS ELEVEN YEARS OF AGE, A SEMIFRIEND AND HIS MOTHER WHEN I WAS THIRTEEN YEARS OF AGE AND MY FATHER WHEN I WAS TWENTY YEARS OF AGE. EVERYONE LOOKS AT ME WHEN I ENTER A ROOM AND THEY STARE. FOR SOME REASON I SEEM TO ATTRACT CHILDREN FROM “TODDLER AGE” TO “PRETEENAGE”; MOSTLY FEMALES; THEY GLANCE AT ME FOR SEVERAL SECONDS SEVERAL TIMES OR THEY “WAVE AT ME” AND/OR SAY HELLO. HELLO I SAY BACK SMILING WHEN THAT HAPPENS AND I MOTION A SALUTE AS WELL. MOSTLY TODDLERS WAVE AND/OR SAY HELLO, OLDER KIDS JUST GLANCE OR STARE SILENTLY AS IF CURIOUS OF MY APPEARANCE OR MY AURA. WHEN IN A PUBLIC SETTING IF CHILDREN GLANCE AT ME REPEATEDLY IN THE MANNER PREVIOUSLY TOLD, ADULTS DO NOT LOOK AT ME, THIS IS NOT CONVERSELY SO. IF I SAY “HELLO” TO *YOU*, *YOU* SHOULD CONSIDER *YOURSELF* APPRECIATED BY *ME*; I DO NOT SAY “HELLO” TO ANYONE, NOT EVEN FOR “SOCIAL CONVENTION”. TRYING TO LEARN GERMAN LANGUAGE BY MYSELF I CAN ONLY REMEMBER LUCIDLY APPROXIMATELY THREE YEARS “INTO THE PAST”, BEYOND THREE YEARS ANY RECOLLECTION IS HAZY AND MOST PROBABLY “INTERMINGLED” WITH OTHER RECOLLECTIONS FROM DIFFERENT SPACETIMES BUT I CANNOT BE SURE. I HAVE ALWAYS HAD “VERY GOOD MEMORY”. LATELY I STRUGGLE AT REMEMBERING EVEN SHORT WORDS OR THE DATE OF INCIDENTS OCURRED “THREE DAYS AGO” OR WHAT I DID “TWO DAYS AGO”. LEARNING “PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES” IS OVERLY EASIER THAN LEARNING “HUMAN LANGUAGES”; EVERYTHING SIGNIFIES WHAT IT MEANS & YOU DO “NOT NEED” “SOCIAL DEXTERITY”; “PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES” ARE “UNILATERAL COMMUNICATION”. MY GRANDFATHER LIKES DOGS “VERY MUCH” AND HE CONDITIONED MY FATHER SO HE LIKES DOGS “VERY MUCH” TOO, MY FATHER ATTEMPTED TO CONDITION ME AND MY BROTHER AND SISTER TO LIKE DOGS “VERY MUCH” TOO. I DISLIKE DOGS, DOGS ARE DUMB AND NEED CONSTANT & METICULOUS CARE, DOGS ARE ANIMALS THAT YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH; A BURDEN OR LIKE A SEMIRETARDED CHILD.

I need to stop going through your stuff it's all very surreal. What a life you must lead, and how interesting I do find it compared to that of any normal healthy virile "alpha".

Anyway if I were to reach out I'm sure I would very soon be dulled, most likely in 2-18 months. Maybe I will some other time after I mull it over. I'm sure you might find the prospect unattractive at best.

Good night Rei. You are (>) one million times more interesting than the other old tripfags, specifically fm and B, which I do detest.

>> No.5051121

Rei you are truly the best trip-fag. I remember a wild kek I had some months ago when you pointed out that some gringo misspelled 100 Años de Soledad as 100 Anos de Soledad.

Best regards, keep up the good work.

>> No.5051205
File: 79 KB, 1920x1080, 78801.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

this hypothesis also explains blood elves

who /horde/ here

>> No.5052767

>>5051086

What the fuck? From where is that? Did he really write that?

>> No.5052843

>>5050713
Are you working on / planning to write a book?

>> No.5052966

>>5051086
I wish this won't make him not respond in this thread like in numerous others. You left him in predicament to respond now.

I can relate to what he wrote, precisely, the part about preteen children look at me as if they like me. It might be from alienation from society by overly analyzing the purpose of their interactions, noticing small things and not neglecting them to scare importance, leaving you undecided and quiet when some answer is needed.

This must be half-autism

>> No.5052985
File: 1.65 MB, 400x222, 1394283621384.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5051086
lol
Drunk? Drugged? Manic episode?
What a looser

>> No.5052987

>>5050882
Dude, the Neanderthals were innocent, they were also a sensual, spiritual people. Why do you think they died out? Do you think homo sapiens just appeared out of nowhere? How do you think it's possible they can breed with homo sapiens. In the future, all this alpha males bro type stuff and anime will make heterosexual women go back in time to find lovers who will be innocent, naive, and free of the perverse sexual hangs up modern Sapiens possess. Rand and Salinger both decried the conceits of the modern world in their own way. I think that Ayn Rand especially, given her inclination toward younger men (including Creed frontman Scott Stapp) and her coterie of power figures, would have been more likely than anyone to travel back to the time of the neanderthals to mate with them and create her own brood? Do you really think it's possible that a woman as arrogant as Rand would have let herself die without passing on her genetic material? Rand, however, knew that her offspring would fail to flourish in this era, so she went back and became warrior brood queen of the neanderthals, thus creating the human race as we know it.

>> No.5052990

>>5052966
>"TFW" "REI"

>> No.5053004

If you belong anywhere it's here Rei. Those normalfags, they just can't understand. I salute you!

>> No.5053005

>>5053004
>tfw he doesn't belong here either

>> No.5053010

>>5053005

His eccentric idiosyncrasies complement the normalcy of /lit/ quite nicely I think.

>> No.5053017

OP should read Martin Heidegger. Do it OP.

>> No.5053019

>>5052987
This deserves a hearty 12/10. The keks have been obliterated into oblivion.

>> No.5053022

>>5053010
Only if you don't really like literature and sure as shit don't come here to discuss literature.

>> No.5053277

Who the hell is this guy?

His tumblr is making me feel uncanny and nauseated. It's been a while since I felt this affected for reading something.

I really hope he's just making a character, because he's talented, fuck.

>> No.5053298

>>5053277
>because he's talented, fuck

you forgot your trip

>> No.5053318

>>5053298
Nah, I'm not him. It's just that it really affected me. I feel sick.

>> No.5053520

>TOWARD

So « 零 » is American after all. Please don't shoot anyone for your craziness.

>> No.5053536

>>5053277
I remember when I first read REI's tumblr. He has some sort of mental disorder and is definitely autistic. No one who can function primarily on their own writes the kind of crap he does.

You also know that he's autistic because his idea of an insult is "neurotypical"

>> No.5053615

>>5051086
>tfw this is essentially you but to a moderately lesser degree

We are not so different, you and I. Except the dogs part. I've always loved my bitch.

>> No.5053650

>>5051086
>IF I SAY “HELLO” TO *YOU*, *YOU* SHOULD CONSIDER *YOURSELF* APPRECIATED BY *ME*

Totally not narcissistic...

>> No.5053924

>>5053650
I think in this case it's merely autism. He doesn't have the social skills to go talk to people he doesn't like.

>> No.5054056

>>5052966
>half-autism

Plz god don't let me see the face of full autism.

>> No.5054315

La cuestión que se plantea tiene sentido si te respondo con un antiguo poema de los judíos sefardíes:

Morena me llaman,
yo blanca naci,
de pasear, galana,
mi color pedri.

D'aquellas ventanicas,
m'arronjan flechas.
Si son de amores,
Vengan derechas.

Vestido de verde
y de alteli.
Qu'ansi dize la novia
con el chelibi.

Escalerica le hizo
de oro y de marfil.
Para que suba el novio
a dar qiddushim.

Dizime galana
si queres venir?
Los velos tengo fuetres,
non puedo yo venir.

Morena me llama,
El hijo del rey.
Si otra vez me llama
Yo me voy con el.

Morena me llaman
los marineros.
Si otra vez me llaman
yo me voy con ellos.

Morena me llaman,
yo blanca nazi.
El sol del enverano
a mi me hizo ansi.

>> No.5054403

>>5054315
Muy hermoso. El antiguo vocabulario no es facil para mi, pero lo gusto.