[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 76 KB, 500x415, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5027017 No.5027017[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I was told today that on account of my white-male privilege I am bound for sociopolitical inconsequence. Empirically, they lecture, I know nothing of struggle. The tellers - 3 college aged girls, two white, one tan. The told - me, aged 18. Where do I go from here? Thanks.

>> No.5027019

>>5027017
>Where do I go from here?
your blog

gtfo

>> No.5027020

Ignore them and live your own life.

>> No.5027028

>>5027017
>no discussion of class

Fuck off liberal.

>> No.5027031

lol

Magical. Try reading subaltern culture generally. On The Game by Sophie Day is a good start, not polemic, not too hard a read.

Try Why Women Wear What They Wear, again, good interesting women's issues book.

If you want to get hardcore read Distinction by Bordieu, then try the situationists, possibly Debord... Then you'll be able to explain to these retards about consuming identity politics and so on in a way that will make them feel stupid.

Maybe some philosophy or psychoanalysis stuff about insecurity would help but I can't think of any titles off hand.

>> No.5027032

>>5027017
Is it not a sociopolitical inconsequence to be constantly bothered by dumb bitches about yuh privelige?

>> No.5027033

>>5027017
>Is this a troll thread?

>> No.5027044

>>5027028
so are you saying class does not exist?

>> No.5027046

>>5027017
If you're in college, you graduate and then have yourself a giggle every time you think back on how nuts people were, thankful that you've managed to get out of the cesspool.

These SJW sure know how to make some allies ("You can't be an ally because your white/male/straight/cis!").

Makes someone like me who is pretty averse towards sexism (I roll my eyes at most gender traditionalism and can't even say "bitch" without feeling bad) feel sort of refreshed when I go about my day post-college and get called out for being a bitch.

You won't ever win by the way, even if you play by their own game. You're a man so you're of course granted a preferred seat in society. Never mind that the friend who gave me so much lip about that shit was an upper-middle class jewess with all her expenses accounted for while I'm just a brown man who put himself $9k in debt to be surronded by people like her with a single-mother who worked double shifts daily--I'm a man though so of course society ran the numbers and placed me a bit ahead of the well-off white women.

>> No.5027060

>>5027044
I'm saying that OP's account, being classless, is liberal bourgeois ideology.

>> No.5027072

>>5027017

Don't play those games, or any other games in the book.

>> No.5027289

>>5027060
This is correct. Thank you.