[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 606 KB, 2556x1767, buddha.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4990340 No.4990340[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

In order to be a buddhist, you must be born a buddhist. Buddhism is a state of inherently born state of mind, otherwhise becomming one creates desire, which creates expectations and ego

Discuss.

>> No.4990352

Post your dick

>> No.4990366

>In order to be a buddhist, you must be born a buddhist. Buddhism is a state of inherently born state of mind...

I CONCUR WITH THE MESSAGE OF YOUR POST, BUT THE MANNER IN WHICH YOU ARTICULATED IT IS UNACCURATE; IT IS RATHER THAT ONE IS BORN WITH A BIOLOGICAL TENDENCY TO INTUITIVELY BECOME AWARE OF THE PRINCIPLES BEHIND "BUDDHISM" WITHOUT NEED OF INTELLECTUAL INPUT.

>> No.4990393

>>4990366
You're an idiot and buddhism is retarded.

>> No.4990396

>>4990340
No, you don't have to be born into Buddhism. That idea is a bit ridiculous within Buddhism.

On the other hand you are correct with the 2nd part of your post. A Buddha is sometimes referred to as a great thief for the reason you mention. The story of the thief breaking into a house to find there's nothing there to steal is the story of a Buddha (could be you) entering into enlightenment.

Buddha also wore the orange robes of the jailed and the unwanted, identifying himself with thiefs more than with 'regular folk'.

>> No.4990403

>>4990393
Why is buddhism retarded all of a sudden

>> No.4990416

Buddhism is kinda bullshit. A fatman sat under a tree for a bunch of years without getting up to take a dump. He just continued to shit and piss himself for years without getting up. Fat, lazy and gross, he has the audacity to teach other people about discipline.

>> No.4990418
File: 10 KB, 230x170, 1398619115981.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4990403
>Buddhism is "retarded all of a sudden" because one random person said so.
>Caring about "consensus opinions".

You're not ready for Buddhism and perhaps never will.

>> No.4990434

>>4990416
I love this copypasta

>> No.4990441

>>4990418
I asked for your opinion?

So what's your opinion, brahman

>> No.4990444

>>4990403
Buddhism has always been retarded. It's basically alcoholism with the alcohol.

>> No.4990448

but that would imply that in order to be buddhist that you were born as a buddha and were already enlightened which i dont think is possible
everyone else begins with ignorance and have to work on eliminating desire through buddhist practices

>> No.4990463

>>4990448

>>4990366

>> No.4990468

>>4990448
Why don't you think it would be impossible, buddhism's foundation is based on reincarnation of the soul, which doesn't stop teh buddha from visiting us from time to time

>> No.4990502

>>4990340

>Buddhism is a state of inherently born state of mind, otherwhise becomming one creates desire, which creates expectations and ego

Interesting perception there. Reminds me of the Buddhist allegory of the man who, once becoming enlightened, burned his library of books.

That is, there is a paradox - the desire to rid oneself of all desires. Once overcome, once you stem that hunger for peace, you realize you've been there the whole time, only the illusory nature of your mind (the books in the library, desire, 'Satan') has taken over.

>> No.4990535

>>4990340
You seem to be confusing Buddhism with Nirvana

>> No.4990541

Personally i don't undestand what buddhism is about

From one hand buddha says what reality is, with all it's suffering and desires, while at the same time preaching methods of "enlightement" through materialistic things, such as owning a house, no debt etc

>> No.4990714

>>4990541

There is a difference between the core tenants of Buddhism and the religion of Buddhism. The core tenants of Buddhism are the way to achieve enlightenment, the religion is a cultural institution that maps out a way for people to live rightly among other people while following the core tenants of Buddhism.

Buddhism is about stopping suffering by realising that suffering is caused by your own struggling against the world, this is done through a question/answer dialogue between you and the Buddha(master). You ask questions, he answers, you go away and diligently work on yourself with this new information and eventually find another problem and come back for more answers; this goes on until you've chased the method so far down the rabbit hole that you realise you've been creating the problems all along and you finally see your self for what it is- an illusion.

Buddhism is a viral religion, morphing to fit the culture it finds itself in, molding to the traditions and cultures already in place there. Buddhism as it's been taught in the west the last 60 years is highly esoteric compared to what is commonplace in the east, this is highly stimulating for western-born seekers raised in the Semitic traditions because it offers a 'real' look into spirituality without the science contradicting baggage found in the progression-inert, old-timey western religions.

>> No.4990759

>>4990448
you change one desire for other, you don´t eliminate desire. i think that is what op said.

>> No.4990781

pretty much. don't worry this thread is not retarded. i do believe in enlightenment, although i do not believe it's half of what they say it is. to be enlightened though you'd have had to learn this from the day you were born, anyone who thinks they can just become enlightened is desiring enlightenment, which just means they're getting further away from it.

buddhism is pretty retarded in the sense that whoever is enlightened thought they could make it a trend

>> No.4990785

Buddhism just doesn't make sense to me, it's some self-refuting bullshit. You wanna be a buddhist? But Buddhism is about rejecting desire, so nope! Can't do it, you're not ready. But I wanna reject my desires! But that's also a wish, WOOW.
It's like fucking Yoda teaching about the Force. What IS a right state of mind for buddhism? A NEET who is happy playing video games and watching anime all day seems like a better buddhist than some tryhard westerner studying about their writings.

>> No.4990855

Buddhism is pretty cool but ultimately too morose and pessimistic. I like the Dao bros better.

>> No.4990888
File: 58 KB, 501x550, ibra please stop.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4990714

>tenants
>tenants
>tenants

>> No.4990900

>>4990366
Take your chin off the caps lock key pls

>> No.4990907

>>4990366

IN WHAT SENSE IS THIS DIFFERENT FROM BEING BORN WITH A BIOLOGICAL TENDENCY TO BECOME AWARE OF THE PRINCIPLES BEHIND "BUDDHISM" THROUGH INTELLECTUAL INPUT.

>> No.4990922

>>4990366
>unaccurate

>> No.4990934

I had eggs for lunch

>> No.4990975

" I was there, in the final assault on Starbucks. I was over by the mug display when they hit: coming into the front, using culturally insensitive allusions and spraying the male gaze over every girl in the place. a trans boi in at the counter was the first to fall: the white male privilege surged through the seating circles, completely unchecked. I hid behind my soy half-caffe latte and plugged my ears with apple earbuds, filled with agrifeminist podcasts. That's all that saved me. Sometimes, in the night, I can still hear the non-gender-neutral pronouns. The smell of white chocolate macadamia nut cookies and fair trade green tea always takes me back there..."

>> No.4991011

>>4990888
>not renting Buddhism
>2014

>> No.4992218

i think i'm the only one here who understands what buddhism is. and you're wrong, op.

>> No.4992343

>>4992218
>i think i'm the only one here who understands what buddhism is

*tips chink rice hat*