[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 46 KB, 395x600, THE CATCHER IN THE RYE COVER.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
497137 No.497137 [Reply] [Original]

I need to write a thematic essay on this shit.

I have read the book.

What are the three best examples to talk about loss of innocence and corruption of adults in this novel

>> No.497144

>>497137
Never read it.

>> No.497151

>>497144
I have faggot

>> No.497152

LOL SCRIBBLING FUCK YOU EVERY WHERE I'M SO COOL, RIGHT GUYS?

>> No.497154

Were you assigned the themes "loss of innocence" and "corruption of adults"? Because those are about the most obvious and least interesting themes in that book.

>> No.497155

>I have read it but I can't pick out the incredibly obvious symbolism, even when one symbol is in the fucking title

u dum

>> No.497157
File: 89 KB, 708x708, holden-caulfield.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Do your own homework faggit

>> No.497160

Do your own homework, son.

>> No.497161

Why would you ask us?

Can't you go look this shit up on Sparknotes or something?

>> No.497162

Are you in high school? Cause it sounds like you're in high school.

>> No.497187

theme

>> No.497189

Talk about how yourself being corrupted by the teacher making you read this book.

>> No.497191

>>497137

The best part of the novel to talk about, with regard to the corruption of adults as compared with Holden's idealized visions of innocence, is when [opens mouth wide, strange buzzing sounds, eyes glow yellow, mouth opens wider, jaw snaps open, mouth wider still, buzzing louder like a jet taking off, eyes larger now, more yellow still, hands go up like a marionette taking the stage, hands outstretched, long fingers, get up from chair, jet sound loud enough to kill a man, a sound like an iron beam through your skull, the teeth gone long and filed pointy sharp, yellow eyes no pupil yet looking directly at you, toes creep closer and closer, the body smells like old paper and acid in your nose, a warm and septic breeze, you can't move, you're still, the monster comes closer, the howl louder, and your answer comes in the form of a hit on your head and the flash of light and the taste of blood in your mouth a split second before you wake up in darkness and you feel the warmth of the man tying you up, smearing slime on your mouth that burns as you can't help but lick and let it go down, burn your esophagus, burn your stomach, churn your stomach, feel something happening...]

>> No.497209

Remember when /lit/ was young and everyone couldn't stop posting this book?

Then J. D. Salinger died shortly afterwards, so we eventually stopped and moved on.

I guess you could say that /lit/...came of age

>> No.497222

>>497209
YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH