[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 41 KB, 615x345, VR.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4912797 No.4912797[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Hi there /lit/

I've been doing some thinking over the story for a cyberpunk short story I'm in the process of writing. All advice yesterday was helpful, thank you.

The basis is going to be the influence of a secondary virtual existence (Matrix-style) and how people in the real (Primary) existence will come to terms with its existence. (Secondary).

The exploration is going to be the clash between modern philosophy, commerce and politics, which has all moulded itself around our observable existence, and this secondary existence.
What motivates people to leave the primary existence? What do they seek? What will the anthropology of the second existence be? What happens when someone is evicted from the secondary and enters the primary, and how does this shape the anthropology there?

These are just the starting questions I've thought up, but I wanted to ask /lit/ if they could had any questions of their own to pose, or any answers they would like to propose. Also, if /lit/ knew of any literature that discusses similar topics. All input is appreciated.

>> No.4912847

>>4912797
>The basis is going to be the influence of a secondary virtual existence (Matrix-style) and how people in the real (Primary) existence will come to terms with its existence. (Secondary).

This division into two separate spheres is already outdated. With smartphones, rfid, google glass and whatnot they are becoming one, just look at the picture you posted.

>> No.4912892
File: 91 KB, 350x228, largest-gummy-worm.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

my question is why can't you come up with your own ideas and do your own research? you'll never be a writer