[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 28 KB, 350x406, sweet.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4874334 No.4874334 [Reply] [Original]

Hey there.

I was looking through the warosu archive of /lit/ searching for posts about James Rigney's series "The Wheel of Time". I noticed that almost every single original post about the series had been removed (there's a red trash can icon for posts that are prematurely removed) before the threads were done.

Is it permissible to discuss James Rigney's "The Wheel of Time" series here? The only "The Wheel of Time" threads I found in the archive which were not removed were general fantasy threads, not specific "The Wheel of Time" threads.

I used to post here as Kanye West back when /lit/ was first created, so I know there are rules like no posting about Ayn Rand or Tao Lin. Is James Rigney's "The Wheel of Time" series not allowable here as a topic anymore? It seems like a banned subject based on the warosu archive of post removals.

Let me know,
Gus

>> No.4874390
File: 43 KB, 344x517, 1387765564887.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>who the hell is James Rigney
>wiki
>died at 58

I didn't know Robert Jordan was a pen name. Man died way to young man. As far as I know there's no rule banning discussion, maybe there was already a thread or something. I've seen a good dozen WoT threads although that series has never been as popular as GRR Martin's Game of Thrones stuff. WoT made highschool a lot less gay for me.

>> No.4874540
File: 48 KB, 394x425, sweet.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4874390
James Rigney died due to amyloidosis. Blood disease. Mostly caused by Agent Orange exposure. That's what they sprayed all over Vietnam, where physicist James Rigney was killing people by the dozens every day during his highly decorated term of service.