[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 76 KB, 318x475, gabriel-garcia-marquez-one-hundred-years-of-solitude-04.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4868416 No.4868416[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

"One Hundred Years of Solitude is the first piece of literature since the Book of Genesis that should be required reading for the entire human race. Mr. García Márquez has done nothing less than to create in the reader a sense of all that is profound, meaningful, and meaningless in life."

William Kennedy, New York Times Book Review

Best book ever written in Spanish - including the Quixote. The quote above is quite accurate (except for the fact that it gives too much credit to The Book of Genesis).

>> No.4868424

OHYoS was the best thing every since sliced breaad and got me to /lit/ when I read it on tenth grade, but eh, while I consider a very strong work, I think you might be exaggerating its merits.

>> No.4868489

>>4868416

Only saying that because he died and is riding the sympathy band wagon.

>> No.4869304

>>4868416
>genesis >good

He could've said ecclesiastes or gospel of john/Matthew or someshit actually good.

>> No.4869362

>>4869304

I've never understood the literary hard on for Genesis or the KJB in general. I mean I fully understand how important a text it is, but I've listened to lectures where someone goes on and on at great length about how English prose is at it's absolute peak in the KJB...

Just feels totally wrong.

>> No.4871773

>>4868416

that's a nice cover

>> No.4871850

BoG is christfag shit so that isn't saying much at all.