[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 134 KB, 1194x2004, Angels-and-Demons-Cover.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
485606 No.485606 [Reply] [Original]

This shit is FOUL.

I accidentally the whole book a couple years ago and only because I had nothing to read while stuck in an airport for 10 hours.

Now I just watched a little of the movie and it was even FOULER than the book.

Don't make the mistakes I've made. Just say NO to Dan Brown.

>> No.485609

This post would have been epic had every third word spelled out "I ACTUALLY LIKE DAN BROWN."

>> No.485616 [DELETED] 

>my face when people treat Angels and Demons and the Da Vinci Code as nonfiction

>> No.485636

Dan Brown writes for people who think they are smart. It is a sad think that it is a large market.

>> No.485902

This was the most boring, tedious shit I've ever had the displeasure to attempt to read. Jesus fucking Christ, dark matter, angels, God and some other random nonsensical hubbabaloo? No thanks you pseudo-science fiction-writing-impotent-auto-fellating-ball-gobbling-mule.

>> No.485925

>>485636
>people who think they are smart. It is a sad think that it is a large market.

>> No.485930
File: 85 KB, 640x1086, 20080704-dan-brown-1max.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>485902
Were you talking to me?

>> No.485936

>>485925
Because you never make typos on 4chan.

>> No.485976

I hate how some people believe the "The Da Vinci Code" is real.

Whenever someone brings that up I have to slap them in the face. Its a made-up story. Dan Brown made it to tell his theory. Jesus did not father a child. If you go to any store or library it will be filed under the "Fiction" section. Stop talking about it.

>> No.485986

I got Angels and Demons as well as The Davinci Code as gifts. I don't even remember the Davinci Code, as it was such utter shit that I have erased it from my mind. I think my favorite part of Angels and Demons was the antimatter chamber being made entirely out of plastic, including the Batteries. What?
The person who bought me the books said "Remember, it's not true like the Bible." I heard it as "It's not true, like the bible."
Religion is hilarious.

>> No.485999
File: 37 KB, 346x500, daniel-faraday.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>485976

He stole the idea from Holy Blood, Holy Grail. Finest kind 80s kook lit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Blood,_Holy_Grail

>> No.486005

>>485999

He didn't steal the idea, he even mentions the book as an inspiration. It's only stealing if you don't mention your sources.

>> No.486008

Eh, I didn't mind it, probably becasue it didnt read too much into it (pun not intended) and just took it as a piece of entertainmetn. Though I can't say I will ever read any of his other stuff. And the Da Vinci Cod was ok at first but then the movie came out and people kept saying to me "omg have you read the da vinci code the catholic church is totez evil and jesus had kidz omg i might be related to jebus". Shit just got irritating.

>> No.486020

>>485999
Holy Blood, Holy Grail was debunked fairly well when it was revealed that the sources the authors relied were all faked by one man (unbeknownst to the authors, supposedly). It was just some French guy looking for kicks who noticed the two researchers hanging around the archives. He was able to make old-looking books with legitimate-ish contents and completely dupe the authors.