[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 727 KB, 1781x1114, writersblock.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4725015 No.4725015[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

So /lit/, I've got a bad case of writer's block. For the past 5 years i've been able to make a decent living of my literary works, mostly fictional short stories (no i won't be naming them so don't ask). My prose and linguistic ability are on par with those of your average bestseller author, but I find myself lacking in the ideas department. I'm looking to start a fictional series set in a post apocalyptic world. Run some ideas past me, if i end up using one in my new book i'll mention this board in my introduction.

>> No.4725019

Why would you chose a post-apocalyptic world if you don't even have any ideas? You can steal Walmart Apocalypse from /tg/ if you want to, it's pretty good. Just google 1d4chan and Walmart Apocalypse.

>> No.4725022

So /lint/, I've got a bad case of writer's cock. For the past 5 years i've been able to make a decent penis of my literary dick, mostly fictional short peepees (no i won't be masturbating them so don't ask). My fucking and sucking ability are on par with those of your average penis author, but I find myself lacking in the balls department. I'm looking to start a penile series set in a post apocalyptic butt. Shoot some jizz past me, if i end up putting some in my new book i'll mention this wiener in my introduction.

>> No.4725024

>>4725015
Where do you get your short stories published? Magazines?

>> No.4725025

start with the greeks

>> No.4725035

>>4725015
A smallish group of survivors breed togother and after a couple generations everyone is relate to at least a minor degree. Due to the situation of the world life span has been short, but as the group begins to be able to control their environment people are living for longer. Their survival is not so lucky as a serious genetic disease which after being recessive for sometime begins to appear. People are dying horribly and there is nothing that can be done without pre-apocalypse technology.

You could have some moral dilemna stuff about people deciding whether or not life is worth it when it is so short in a world where there is no hope.

>> No.4725048

due to the extreme circumstances, the genetic evolution code has been varying drastically, producing near-inhuman abilities. (super-powers allways seem to sell)
with the remaining dip into population possible incest, this scientifically merits logic. only not. good things as a literary person, you can re-write codes of logic to suit your story.

>> No.4725061

>>4725015
Fuck you.

>> No.4725127

A coma patient wakes up in a collapsed hospital, he does not know that the apocalypse has happened. He has to rehabilitate himself before finding out anything, all he hears are these strange sounds coming from outside.

>> No.4725133

Something happens that kills everybody outside who's watching the fireworks during new years eve. Most of the people who survive are nerds and other sociopaths. A fight for power begins.

>> No.4725161

>i'll mention this board in my introduction.
Not a good idea.

>> No.4725166

>>4725161
>nobel prize for literature
>"also I would like to thank 4chan"

>> No.4725176

>>4725166
Someone needs to make this happen.

>> No.4725182

>if i end up using one in my new book i'll mention this board in my introduction.
Fuck you. What makes you think that's a good thing? Seriously, fuck you all the way.

>> No.4725181

>>4725176
Tell me how and I try.

>> No.4725185

>>4725181
Be black/female/impoverished and write a great contemporary novel.

>> No.4725196

>>4725185
Is being a NEET enough impoverishment to be considered? I mean I'm trying to write a novel about being a social outcast in modern society, but considering I'm no longer a NEET it might work. I mean normal people love when lost sheeps find their way back into the herd. It's like being a hardcore junkie who got clean afterall I think. Or rather "an inspiring story" if you catch my drivel.

>> No.4725206

>>4725196
Might work. As long as there's a realisation by the protagonist that there's no difference between being 'successful' and not at the end.

>> No.4725210

>>4725206
You mean like, it was about friendship all along but friendship is gone now?

>> No.4725225
File: 307 KB, 700x1096, writersblock.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.4725226

Why do you want to write something post-apocalyptic if you have no ideas?

You want to fill in the blanks of cliche with more cliche?

Disappointed in you. Go think about yr actions.

>> No.4725231

>>4725210
Depends if you want to make a cutting remark about capitalist society or not.
I was thinking more along the lines of absurdism.

>> No.4725256

>>4725231
I get it, I think. You could do something about the actual meaning of life in context of a society where humans have become a commodity. I remember when my grandma died. She was living with us and it took her about three days to pass. We would be with her all around the clock, where as I was there with her mostly at night while the others slept. I held her in my arms and heard her breath on my chest. Another day I just sat there and looked into her eyes for some reason. She wasn't too lucid anymore but after some time I was able to realized she was still in there. She just had no means anymore to communicate. I started to cry like a bitch for a moment and she tried to comfort me, made a sad face and tried to touch me. But she couldn't really. I'm not even sure how she noticed considering she was almost blind a that point.

>> No.4725282

>>4725256
awkward

>> No.4725323

>>4725015
Somehow just Africa has not been affected, europeans start build their civilication, a guy named Poirot finds America again, they start to ship black people from Africa over... I guess you guess the rest?

>> No.4725336

Write about zombies. That's never been done before.

>> No.4725594

Give me your printing deal. I will never run out of ideas.

>> No.4725603

>>4725015
An anxious misanthropic loner survives the apocalypse. Follows his life of true solitude (or perhaps not solitude).