[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 433 KB, 417x640, Crimeandpunishmentcover.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4711030 No.4711030 [Reply] [Original]

Are we all in agreeance that pic related > brothers karmazov?

>> No.4711037

>>4711030
no not really

>> No.4711045

>>4711037
lol etarrd

>> No.4711063

Just finished reading it. Read Bro's K a few years ago and gotta say that one made a stronger impression on me than C & P. Both are great works however.
How is Crime and Punishment greater? I guess you could say that if Raskolnikov is a more universal character than Alyosha, the audience can identify more strongly with him and make his moral struggles their own.
Supporting this is the fact that in most of his episodes Alyosha seems more like a passive (albeit empathetic) listener to other's complaints than an agent in his own right.
However, the themes of guilt, happiness through suffering, and consequences of the death of God are put forward much more strongly in this work than in C&P.
OK, that being said, in terms of characterization of the main protagonist C&P is clearly superior.

>> No.4711067

>>4711063
>How is Crime and Punishment greater?
OP is trolling and has no real insight to offer. He gave no explanation and did nothing but name-calling when someone gave a different opinion.

>> No.4711156

No, but "Demons" > both.

>> No.4711174

Nope.

Brothers Karamazov > The Idiot > Crime and Punishment > Notes from Underground

Haven't read Demon's yet.

>> No.4711177

>>4711030

No. I think Brothers is far, far superior.

>> No.4711183

In some ways. More tightly plotted. Didn't have to listen to Dmitry, Old man Karamazov or Smirdawhatever. But Ivan's scenes were better than a lot of Crime and Punishment.