[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 36 KB, 407x500, asimov-the-last-question.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4624400 No.4624400[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

what kind of fucking degenerate thinks this is any good, I just read it because apparently it's really really good, well fuck you, I feel like I've wasted 10 minutes in the dumbest self-masturbatory book

>> No.4624540

>that hand

confirmed for jew

>> No.4624543

>>4624400
b-but muh sense of wonda

>> No.4624557

>>4624400
Read his other short stories then.

If you hated it because of the story structure or prose fair enough.

If you hated it because you are fedora'd atheist well then go stroke your neckbeard some more.

You wasted 10 mins? Oh no, better go make a thread on 4chan and watch it for a few hours.

>> No.4624581

>>4624557
Not him, but can you recommend some of Asimovs short stories?

>> No.4624593

>>4624581
See if you can find Asimov's 'Nine Tomorrows'.

Its got a collection of some of his short stories including The Last Question.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Pretty much every story had a twist or something that made me laugh at the end.

I imagined to find a copy in a old bookstore for a couple of dollars.

>> No.4624599

>>4624593
>'Nine Tomorrows
Thanks m8.

>> No.4624602
File: 32 KB, 620x456, Borges.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4624557
>>4624557

>> No.4624682

>>4624400
using "degenerate" is a good way of showing how much of a faggot you are/no one should take you seriously

>> No.4624811

>>4624557
it's no mystery that the world will some day end, hell, it's not even a certainty that the universe will end someday, all humanity can do so far is keep researching.

The end of the universe is still far from us, it should be no concern, what should concern us is how much more can Earth sustain us at the current rate the climate is changing. Maybe this will really be an issue thousands of gorillions of years from now, but if the universe were to end tomorrow there's jackshit we could do about it.

Humanity being able to efficiently use solar power as energy for everything, to colonize entire galaxies, to become fucking squids in the ether, to maintain this vast machine which controls and knows everything in this seemingly unknown hyperspace, and yet they don't know the answer to the question, let alone make up a solution for it. They just ask from time to time to the machine, and the machine is just like 'NEED MORE INFORMATION'.

With all the vast array of topics, matters, and information, the only thing that stays unknown to this omnious machine is 'when will all end, will we survive the end?'. And the machine just holds back until humanity has practically disappeared as what you would think it is.

And finally then it fucking does something, and bam, let's make the machine speak like God because absolutely no one saw it as a God yet, massive surprise there. Now the machine starts the universe anew, and woo 3deep5me we're back at the start and if the story would continue, the machine would create humanity again. Woo A++

I understand the topics of the story, but the story itself is stupid, there's much better ways to convey such themes

>> No.4625073

Asimov wrote about every subject under the goddamn sun. There's something for you.

>> No.4625078

The Nine Billion Names of God is a pretty good short story I think. But I read it like three years ago and my taste has matured a little bit so I don't know if it still is good (you know, sci-fi writing and all)

>> No.4625184

>>4624400
>what kind of fucking degenerate
dropped this thread

Trolls? On my lit? Impossible!

>> No.4625788

>>4624811
The way you approach what you're trying to say is rude and no one will take you seriously, not just on /lit/, but life. Try to make better points.

I'm curious to see you create a story with the same topic and make it better than Asimov's.

Sure, the writing is not the best out there. But he was a very intelligent man, and wrote about all sorts of subject. From humour to biochemistry books.