[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 49 KB, 459x600, the-thinker.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4621093 No.4621093[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Anyone want to have a philosophical discussion? I like philosophy, though I am a layman and amateur.

II just had the thought that perhaps life doesn't hold an answer. We search for one very hard, but maybe death is the only answer? The abyss might give us the truth we were searching for so much.

Anyway, if anyone wants to discuss anything bring up a topic

>> No.4621102

Existentialism is about life's real meaning being up to you to choose.

Postmodernism is about there being no meaning that lasts, and about temporary meanings not being real.

>> No.4621108
File: 91 KB, 500x383, Smile flash.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I should be spending more time with these myself

http://www.historyofphilosophy.net/

>> No.4621109

>>4621102

Those views make life's meaning very subjective.

I think I agree. Although, what if life's meaning cannot be discovered in life itself, just like a pattern cannot be discovered inside the pattern itself, you need another reference point. Death could be a transition to another reference point...

>> No.4621112

>>4621109
>Death could be a transition to another reference point...
But so could any one phenomenon,
death it self being for you only a thought?

>> No.4621120

>>4621112
Death seems like the absolute, no one returns from it. It would be fitting than after death lies some kind of answer no one will be able to hear about.

>> No.4621121

>>4621120
There is no reason for this.
Even with in being in an unperceivable place and still perceiving,
you would not find "truth", as that is simply a word to describe some thing whose notion is the only thing that exists.

>> No.4621125

>>4621121
experience seems to be a "truth" here in living. Maybe after death there is a different kind of "truth"

I also redact my statement that the "answer" lies after death. I'm not sure about an "answer" an any defition of the word

>> No.4622721

bump