[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 57 KB, 550x550, America_reading_is_for_faggots.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4599316 No.4599316 [Reply] [Original]

I was thinking of getting an e-reader and finally read shit more. I was looking around at the kindles and saw the regular nook for like 69 bucks and theres a paperwhite for a little over 100$ but I think they're going to come out with a 2014 version of the paperwhite soon so I'm not sure if I should wait or not? Kinda bugs me how amazon puts ads on them after you buy it unless you fork over more shekels for them though. Are any other e-readers better? Also how is electronic ink? Is there really no strain and it's just like a book?

>> No.4599458

Have you taken a look at the kobo reader?

>> No.4599758

>>4599316
So, you come over, make a thread and just go live in the real world?
Fuck you OP.

>> No.4599939

>>4599758
wat

>> No.4599952

>>4599316
>Kinda bugs me how amazon puts ads on them after you buy it unless you fork over more shekels for them though.

I don't get this argument. The ads are only there as a screensaver. They literally don't show until you've been idle for a long time. It's not like they interrupt your reading with ads.

It's just not very intelligent to whine about something so fucking dumb.

>> No.4599979

>>4599952
Ads are fucking disgusting and if you fork over money for hardware there is no reason to put more advertisements hard coded into the damn thing. It's like if every new windows OS came with an ad as a screensaver of new MS products instead of a allowing you to add your own screensaver. people would flip. They don't say anything about this on the kindle because MUH AMAZON