[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 162 KB, 543x600, 1384918873131.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4554146 No.4554146[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Ok /lit/. I really, really need to start writing some kind of journal, because right now I am keeping my thoughts pent up inside of my head which makes them difficult to keep track of and interpret. The issue is, I have this irrational fear of someone stumblign across what I've written. This terrifies me because
1). I imagine it'd feel like they've been inside my mind
2). I'm worried they would think I'm insane (not that I CLAIM to be sane, mind)

Anyway, I've decided that one solution would be to write a semi-autobiographical story (not for sale or publication due to aforementioned reasons, maybe just the kind of thing I would share with a close friend or two to see what they think, what they can relate to etc. without letting them realise that the main character is me).

However, the inherent problems with this approach are:
1). I am only young (20 y/o) and have very little experience, both with regards to life and writing. So I don't know where to begin.
2). Doing this makes me feel like a pompous jerk, even though I am probably the only person who will read it (excluding the NSA).

Does anyone else feel, or has felt, the same way? If the latter, what did you end up doing about it?

>> No.4554147

tl;dr I have writer's block, wat do

>> No.4554160

A semi-autobiographical story would be just as personal as a diary.

It is possible to create a diary no-one can read. Get a USB memory stick or create a very small hard drive partition then use Truecrypt to encrypt it. Write your diary in there. Simple.

>> No.4554162

>>4554160
>It is possible to create a diary no-one can read. Get a USB memory stick or create a very small hard drive partition then use Truecrypt to encrypt it. Write your diary in there. Simple.

I'll check it out - thank you!
But how to deal with the psychological causes for this 'writer's block'?

>> No.4554177

>>4554162
You could try and join a group of writers or something that puts pressure on you to get something done within a deadline but in the end the only way to deal with writers block is to sit down and just write. You could experiment with amphetamines to get motivated but you'll probably just end up wanking for hours on end. Your strength of will is the only thing that can truly motivate you to write.

>> No.4556771

>>4554146
I also started a diary in me 20s, it help me with a lot of things that I couldn't talk to nobody =/
A diary may help to clean up your mind sometimes