[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 5 KB, 282x179, Left behind.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4521983 No.4521983[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I've never had any interest in this book series, however I just found out the Nicolas Cage will be playing the lead in the latest Hollywood adaption, and that excited me.

I did some minimal research on the series, but wasn't able to find any info on the following questions.
>What happens to Jews
>What happens to Muslims
>What happens to members of other faiths
>Do they explicitly say gays are left behind
>And I know it's very violent, but are their cool Angle/Demon fights?

>> No.4521995

They're making ANOTHER adaptation of Left Behind? A professional one? The first one went straight to video and had Kirk Cameron, because of course it did.

Anyway, I can't help you with those questions, OP. I'm Catholic, the Rapture is for Protestants.

>> No.4522051
File: 43 KB, 344x517, 1336894448182.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Your interest is based around an actor. That's fucking pathetic.

>> No.4522100

>>4522051

Fuck that. I'll watch damn near anything with Daniel Day-Lewis.

>> No.4522143
File: 53 KB, 700x467, Starting Out in the Evening.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4522100
Even if he were cast as Batman in the new Superman+Batman film?

I'd skip that.
Lili Taylor, Starting Out in the Evening, related. I'd watch her in almost anything. I'd be disappointed if she were in these Left Behind pictures.

>> No.4522256
File: 350 KB, 952x700, bird hair chart.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4522051
Have you seen Face-off, Wicker man, or Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans? He is an exceptionally insane actor, and this series' premise is ripe for insanity.

Under any other circumstances this adaptation would be much less entertaining then it will likely be given Cages performance.

>> No.4522270

Either know this isn't /lit/ related but this was very interesting to me :

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/jul/20/nicolas-cage-frozen-ground

>> No.4522285

>>4522051
Fucking this. Every actor makes shitty movies for some quick cash every now and then. The only actor I can think of that only had good movies is John Cazale and that was probably because he died before he had a real opportunity to sell out

>> No.4522294

>>4521983

>a theatrical Left Behind

...u serius?

>>4521995

I never read the books but my mom read some of them and I remember watching the movie when I was like 8 years old. Kinda liked it.

>> No.4522297

>>4522256
>Brilliant
this should be blank

>> No.4522514

>>4522297
Have you not seen any of the movies in that section?

He's actually a pretty good actor (he just agrees to star in a lot of shit films cause he's greedy I guess)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P71Xx3EC67Y

>> No.4522532

>>4522514
So you're saying Con Air is near brilliant? The Rock? Adaptation is meh even though the Brian Cox scene where he's at the writing workshop is a great scene, Leaving Las Vegas actually is good, and I couldn't watch Bad Lieutenant but I've heard it's actually good(the original is pretty great and one of the main reasons I love Keitel)

I think a good percentage of Cage movies are mediocre at best.

also
>Con Air above Bringing Out the Dead

It's a shit list

>> No.4523085

>>4522285
>Every actor makes shitty movies for some quick cash every now and then.

And those are some of Cages most enjoyable performances.

>> No.4523087

Leave it to /lit/ to completely ignore the OP question and derail a thread from the word "Go" with their snooty bullshit.

>> No.4523093

>>4521983
>I've never had any interest in this book series, however I just found out the Nicolas Cage will be playing the lead in the latest Hollywood adaption, and that excited me.
>I did some minimal research on the series, but wasn't able to find any info on the following questions.
I read about half the books in my younger and more vulnerable years. It is a very literal interpretation of the book of Revelation (and obviously includes the Pre-Tribulation rapture, which is a controversial subject even among Protestants).

>>What happens to Jews
Left behind.

>>What happens to Muslims
Left behind.

>>What happens to members of other faiths
Left behind. Other faiths here includes Catholics. The Pope gets left behind.

>>Do they explicitly say gays are left behind
I think there's like one gay and she was atheist, so left behind.

>>And I know it's very violent, but are their cool Angle/Demon fights?
I only read the first half, and that mostly has humans getting pwned by earthquakes, wars, plague, and later on some cool mutant locusts and fiery horse demon things, both of which only Christians can see. So maybe, but only in like the last book probably.