[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 92 KB, 480x736, enders-game-novel-cover1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4390977 No.4390977[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I've just finished Children of the Mind and I'm wondering: what do you pretentious fucks think about the Ender saga and Orson Scott Card in general ?

>> No.4390990

Ender's game is a shit kiddie version of Starship Troopers

>> No.4393669

>>4390990
This. Most sci-fi post 1990/80 is utter shit with either shit writing or simply putting historical events with lazors and criticizing an aspect of modern society in very stupid ways that have probably already been done.

>> No.4393686

They're just kind of ok young adult books, nothing special. Ender's Game is so hugely acclaimed only because it happened to get popular in the USA and people view it through nostalgia goggles. Such a shame it's so often recommended as the epitome science fiction, no wonder most people view sci-fi as escapist shit for manchildren.

>> No.4393696

>>4390977
Really mediocre childrens book. Don't get the hype but maybe that's because I'm not an idiot.

>> No.4393970

>Ender's Game - babby's first Starship Troopers tier
>Speaker for the Dead - god tier top 10 scifi novel of all time tier
>Xenocide - chinese autism tier
>Children of the Mind - shit tier
>Ender's Shadow + related novels - moneygrabbing to fund LDS tier