[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 101 KB, 512x512, Cookie.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4352521 No.4352521[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I know enough of you have wasted enough time on Cookie Clicker to recognize that cookie. Please take a moment to read my Cookie Clicker inspired short story.

I sit upon my throne of cookies, surrounded by those who worship me for my chocolaty gift to this word. Yet, I feel empty.

I look around at my cookie farms, as far as the eye can see. However, I am reminded that this isn't very far, as I watch great clouds of smoke billow out of my countless factories piercing the sky.

I consider all those who I have stepped on to achieve my empire, both figuratively and quite literally, as I walk above my massive, branching cookie dough mines.

I contemplate which of my slaving workers have it worst: the young women and children working in the hot, cramped, dangerous cookie factories? The young men, wasting away in the heart of this Earth, robbing it of it's once protected resources, only to develop a fatal case of the brown lung? The old men, pushing through the pain to till the fields that once brought their families prosperity, but now, only pain? Or the frail, elderly women, who once saw the kitchen as a warm, loving place: now just a cold, cruel prison.

But there are the lucky ones. Those who get to wear a white lab coat, working on the future of my cookie empire. In another world, they could have been great men, solving the world's great woes and protecting this once pristine earth.

Through my conquest, marvels once thought science fiction have become but mere toys underneath my thumb. In about a month's time, the world's first ever time machine will be finished, soaring my empire to unimaginable heights. Traveling to the future to seize cookies which haven't even been produced yet, only to bring them to the present and reap the rewards. It would be the ultimate, chocolaty feedback loop. I could bury this world in melty goodness...

But perhaps it is not too late for this world. Perhaps I can use my new time travel technology to give this another shot. Do it right this time. Restrain the power-hungry monster inside of me, in favor of the sweet young man who started this all with a passion for baking smiles. Perhaps there's still hope...

Before I know it, a warm smile has spread itself across my face. I reach for a cookie, close my eyes, and take a bite. Just for a second, I'm home again, licking the cookie dough smothered spoon...

>> No.4352527

It's okay, but nothing special.

This general idea has been done before to much greater effect.

>> No.4352552

And for those unfamiliar with Cookie Clicker, here's a link.
http://orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker/

Forewarning: it's a pretty addictive time sink.

>> No.4352554
File: 330 KB, 512x516, the_trashman_cometh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.4353125

>>4352521
Bretty good.

>> No.4353183

>>4352552

...Man, fuck you, I'm going to be here all day.

>> No.4354062

Bretty gud/10 laughed at brown lung

>> No.4354149
File: 5 KB, 192x192, Grandma.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4352527
Thanks for the input :3

>>4353183
I warned ya.
"You could have stopped it." -grandma

>> No.4354157
File: 922 KB, 993x752, what have you done to me.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4354149

I hate you so much.

>> No.4355832

>>4354157
That's hitting me right in the OCD. I needed everything I owned to be a nice, round number before I bought the next thing.

>> No.4356511
File: 828 KB, 998x641, 1386719554525.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4355832

So did I, but I kept needlessly running out of cookies, so I went on a rampage throwing it all out of whack so I just had to deal with it.
It's better now though.

>> No.4357584
File: 733 KB, 1376x934, Maximum Overdrive.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>4356511
Fun fact: They used to keep a counter of how many golden cookies you missed, but they removed it because they were getting bombarded with emails from people complaining that it was kicking their OCD into maximum overdrive.