[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 26 KB, 274x300, friedrich-nietzsche-01.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4284933 No.4284933[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Recently I'm getting into Nietzsche and I have a few questions about his philosophy:

1. Is his philosophy attractive only for the hinges? Essentially do only the weakest and strongest people have an interest in his ideas. For the majority, the herd people, The Last Man is much more attractive than the Overman and for them the strongest and most dynamic deserve scorn for being "evil" while the weak have to be rehabilitated into society, no?
2. Am I right that for the aforementioned majority an aristotelian rule of golden middle can be attributed to strength, so it's wrong to be at any end of the spectrum?
3. Why did he decide that when it comes to life force aggresion is more important than sexuality? While he never condemned sex I'm pretty sure he did so for promiscuity. Being against female promiscuity seems to be natural, since it's detrimental to women but why would he be averse to male promiscuity. Did he just come to believe that aggression's effects and products are more valuable than that of sexual drives?

>> No.4284944

>>4284933
Because, like the farmer puts down the animal in his herd that's too full of life to be tamed, society must put down the overman for stability, which is what people want more than freedom.

>> No.4285062

I wish we had a catalog