[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 53 KB, 468x663, IndianaJones1L_468x663.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4222085 No.4222085[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

What's the literary equivalent of Indiana Jones or Uncharted? I'm not looking for anything super deep or thought provoking just a fun adventure story in a similar style to them. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

>> No.4222092

There are a bunch of Indiana Jones novels (I bought one in the Indiana Jones store at Disneyland when I was like 5 ha!). Other than that maybe try something like Robinson Crusoe?

>> No.4222099

>>4222085
The Three Musketeers might be up your alley, and then there's the Flashman Papers which is a lot of adventuring, but the guy's supposed to be a coward.

>> No.4222107

A charismatic hero who goes through misadventures? Try Flashman, a charismatic asshole, from Amazon:

>Fraser revives Flashman, a caddish bully from Tom Brown's Schooldays by Thomas Hughes, and relates Flashman’s adventures after he is expelled in drunken disgrace from Rugby school in the late 1830s. Flashy enlists in the Eleventh Light Dragoons and is promptly sent to India and Afghanistan, where despite his consistently cowardly behavior he always manages to come out on top. Flashman is an incorrigible anti-hero for the ages. This humorous adventure book will appeal to fans of historical fiction, military fiction, and British history as well as to fans of Clive Cussler, James Bond, and The Three Musketeers.

>> No.4222115

>>4222107
There's also Alan Quatermain, who Indy is partially based on AFAIK, and Doc Savage, who's a bit more on the pulpy side.

>> No.4222121

Robert E. Howard

>> No.4222140

Thanks for the recommendations so far guys. Flashman Papers definitely seems interesting

>> No.4222146

>>4222115

>Alan Quatermain

Don't know if you'll be able to deal with the old-timey prose, OP, but I'd definitely recommend you check out King Solomon's Mines at least, and Allan Quatermain if you like that. Classic adventure. Elephants, battles, treasure, hidden lands, badass magic negroes and other ye olde racism. Good reads.

>> No.4222402

>>4222085
Old pulp adventure books are probably the most entertaining, but if you have really low standards you can check out Clive Cussler books