[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 12 KB, 277x400, FlowersForAlgernon.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4203859 No.4203859[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I just finished reading Flowers for Algernon. I thought that the characters were pretty bland, but the way that Charlie discovered the world around him was interesting. His descent back into idiocy was the part that I least enjoyed. It just did exactly what I thought it would. It was uninteresting. If I had to say the favourite thing about it, it was the connection that Charlie shared with Algernon.

What are /lit/'s thoughts on the book?

Sorry about my shitty critique. I'm new at this. I wasn't really interested in reading until some experimental surgery was done on my brain at Beekman university.

>> No.4203873

Oh right, I forgot that /lit/ doesn't like books.

>> No.4203915

Can't be of much use. I read an abridged version in 8th grade and thought it was pretty deep. That probably had more to do with the eighth grade bit than anything else though.

Pretty sure there is a movie as well, if you want to see an even less interesting version

>> No.4203939

>>4203873
nigger everybody and their grandma read that shit in middle school.

gb2bed

>> No.4203941

>>4203915
I don't think that it's fair to say that something is less interesting solely because it's a movie. After looking at some clips, however, it does look pretty dumb.

>>4203939
Well sahrry.

>> No.4204015

Reading right now, didnt get to the part where he starts to relapse or whatever....

btw, /FIT/ turned me onto this book not you fags.

found a mistake though.

Why did he just hand over $5 to the lady in the apartment and was all happy about doing that naturally.

( the apartment he rented after the exhibit fiasco with letting the mouse out of the cage, etc.)

There was no discussion about any need for money... he just wanted to use the fire escape window to get to his own apartment.. and then she follows him in and ganks $5 with a smile from his wallet. WTF.

>> No.4204298

>>4203941
Oh, I wasn't being e/lit/est about novels being a holy medium, but that particular movie was pretty garbage. Pretty sure it is a Hitchcock film, which boils down to vaguely following the source material and injecting blonde females in need of sweet loving into the plot.

It just isn't particularly my taste.