[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 11 KB, 225x225, download.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4096889 No.4096889[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I've lived in the US during one year and took a Creativing Writing Workshop class in the university I was attending there.
The problem is: Although I can communicate well enough for daily things, my english for writing literature was crappy.
So, in order to get more used to it, I started reading a lot of books written in English. While I certainly had improved, after one year doing this I'm back to my country and I want to write in the language I'm good at (or at least better).

Problem is: every time I try to write, I just think in english. So it seems like I'm blocked and cannot think on my own language when I want to write.

Has anyone here ever experienced a similar situation?
Any tips?

>> No.4096962

>>4096889
Yes it happened to me too.
Just write in English. Why would you write in a language very few people know, when you can choose to write in one of the world's most spoken languages?

>> No.4096998
File: 307 KB, 700x1096, 1359385114728.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.4097005

>>4096962
Cause I know my English is crap for this type of writting.
My vocabulary is way more extensive in my native language, also I am way more used to write int it, the text simply flows much better.
I feel that when I'm wrting in English, there are very often parts in the text that sond like a robot talking, when I write in my own language everything is just more fluid.
Also, there are many grammar problems. In many cases, I type it wrong, but I can easily identify the problems and correct them (this alone makes the writing way harder), but there are also some stuff that is hard for a non-native speaker (eg: prepositions are a pain in the ass, I would have to google up if I'm using the right one in almost all situations, cause I'm never certain).

>> No.4097010

>>4096998
lol

It's a different thing though, it's more "language block" than actual writer's block