[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 31 KB, 620x413, george-rr-martin.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4054856 No.4054856[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" he heard his own voice saying far away.
And his father's voice replied to him. "That's is the only time a man can be brave."

>> No.4054860

Never underestimate the quality of certain rocks. Ones very deep under ground can be very very brittle even though they are thought to be unimaginably tough. The most mysterious rock though, is perhaps the diamond, which is more of a clear object really than a rock, is extremely durable (fun fact: only another diamond can cut diamond) and is very, very valuable. Most women will instantly be transfixed by the beauty and intrigue of diamonds, and a man's worth (for some) is dependent upon the level of obtainability of diamond. They are also clear, did I say that?

>> No.4054876

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any fat neckbeard's escapist plotlines, but because I am edified by the beauty of literary prose.

>> No.4054880

What is this thread?

>> No.4054884

He drew back, blinked, took a healthy gulp of wine, and looked again. The face on the walls was still his. But it was all wrong, all twisted. His cheeks were bloated and piggish, his smile was a crooked leer. He looked impossibly malevolent. Uneasy, he moved around the tank to inspect the other castles. They were each a bit different, but ultimately all the same. The oranges had left out most of the fine detail, but the result still seemed monstrous, crude—a brutal mouth and mindless eyes. The reds gave him a satanic, twitching kind of smile. His mouth did odd, unlovely things at its corners. The whites, his favorites, had carved a cruel idiot god. Simon Kress flung his wine across the room in rage. “You dare,”

>> No.4054889

What was the excerpt where Dany had diahrea?

>> No.4054896

>>4054876
>Song of Ice and Fire
>Escapist
Yeah maybe for sadists. Truly Westeros is their promised land

>> No.4054897

>>4054856
What makes prose pleasant to read? Nothing makes it good, I know that. OH GOD THE WORLD IS SUBJECTVIE

YOURE THE BEST AROUND NO ONES EVER GONNA GET YOU DOWN YOURE THE BEST AROUND NO ONES EVER GONNA GET YOU DOWN YOURE THE BEST AROUND NO ONES EVER GONNA GET YOU DOWN YOURE THE BEST AROUND NO ONES GONNA EVER GET YOU DOOEN

>> No.4054913

>>4054896
>Song of Ice and Fire
>Escapist
>Yeah maybe for sadists.

No, dear. For fat suburbanites who buy swords at the Kitana Kiosk at the mall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dKwHOfd2dk

Tubby losers who think they're hardcore because they used Mom's SUV without asking.