[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 29 KB, 315x375, SKC-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3971495 No.3971495 [Reply] [Original]

I know that this thread has absolutely no contribution to this board whatsoever, but I just checked out an anthology of Soren Kierkegaard's work. I've been wanting to begin on his work for some time now, and I was wondering what a good beginning point is.

>> No.3971976

>>3971495
How about you just read all of it? Do you really need a starting point?

>> No.3973846

The editor has made a modest suggestion by the anthology's organization. You might consider starting at the beginning.

>> No.3973852

Probably Seducer's Diary. Just try not to get lost with all the pseudonyms and shit.

>> No.3973872

I suggest Fear and Trembling, and after that Either/Or (an abridged edition of this one will be fine).

>> No.3973969

>>3973872
Seconded

F&T is GREAT introduction to him

>> No.3973982

>reading Kierkegaard
>or any existentialist, for that matter
>past 9th grade

Nope. If you really must read continental trash, at least read the trash most conductive to real rational thinking - namely phenomenology. Although even then, typically it's the analytics' interpretations of the phenomenologists - most notably Dreyfus's interpretation of Heidegger - that's the very best. But really, existentialism, absurdism, postmodernism, etc. can all suck my heavy balls.