[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 26 KB, 274x300, Nietzsche-274x300[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3923334 No.3923334 [Reply] [Original]

"Nietzsche was stupid and abnormal." --Leo Tolstoy

>> No.3923342

eh, not necessarily, although quoting him while older than fifteen in the year of our lord two thousand and thirteen makes you both of those

>> No.3923345

"I dislike Nietzsche because he likes the contemplation of pain, because he erects conceit into a duty, because the men whom he most admires are conquerors, whose glory is cleverness in causing men to die."

-Bertrand Russel

>> No.3923346

>>3923334
Tolstoi, like Nabokov, is one of those authors who, while they were geniuses with tremendous insight, should never be quoted as definitive authorities because in addition to being geniuses they were also crazy, deeply idiosyncratic assholes

>> No.3923413

"I literally own other humans." --Leo Tolstoy

>> No.3923427

Evil: the same old thing.
No matter what happens, keep this in mind: It's the same old thing, from one end of the world to the other. It fills the history books, ancient and modern, and the cities, and the houses too. Nothing new at all.
Familiar, transient.

>> No.3924749

>>3923345
yeah pretty much my only beeef with Nietzsche is that who conquer and dominate shtick
of course it can be interpreted differently, I am found of martial things myself, I like Tolstoy's anarchism, but I do prefer Nietzsche due to Tolstoy's obsession with sky fairies and non-resistance
"I have had Caiaphas put in fetters. Also, last year I was crucified by the German doctors in a very drawn-out manner. Wilhelm, Bismarck, and all anti-Semites abolished." F.N.

>> No.3924783

>>3923413