[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 63 KB, 493x311, 1351658239720.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3777875 No.3777875 [Reply] [Original]

Should I began writing an idea I have for:

1. A script for a neo-noir film set in a 24 hour party colony on Mars with a melancholic bouncer of above average intelligence as the main character.

2. A horror novel about a shape shifting internet video which changes it's content to reflect the subconcious fears of the viewer, who then becomes addicted to the video and can't stop watching it, soon blurring the lines between the nightmare imagery of the video and the real world.

I am thinking a lot about both of these ideas and the summaries I just gave probably sound like shit but they are way better in my head, trust me. I just can't decide on which one to get going on

>> No.3777892

Why not both?
Although I think the second idea sound pretty familiar to me

>> No.3777895

Lots of people have ideas. What makes you think you have the testicular (or ovarian, on the off chance you're female) fortitude to make your idea a reality?

>> No.3777896

>>3777875

I'm going to be really blunt here.

They both sound awful. I mean, what's the plot of either of them. You just described two possible situations. That's not really an idea.

Formulate it further into something workable. If I had to choose I would pick number one, number two is a genre that is already totally played out.

>> No.3777908

2 sounds like event horizon

>> No.3777913

>>3777892
>Why not both?
I'm scared if I attempt this neither will get very far.
I feel like if I devote my time to just one of them there is a chance of at least getting a rough draft done

>> No.3777957

>>3777892

You mean Infinite Jest?

>> No.3778336
File: 20 KB, 200x309, 200px-Infinite_jest_cover.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3777875
>who then becomes addicted to the video and can't stop watching it, soon blurring the lines between the nightmare imagery of the video and the real world.

>> No.3778346

>2. A horror novel about a shape shifting internet video which changes it's content to reflect the subconcious fears of the viewer, who then becomes addicted to the video and can't stop watching it, soon blurring the lines between the nightmare imagery of the video and the real world.

Pulse?