[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 93 KB, 599x500, tldr.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3669012 No.3669012[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Hey /lit/,

I have a plot outline written. No title, character names or other details yet, plus plenty of errors. It will be a mixture of BDSM, Conspiracy/Action and Romance. Thought of original concept while trying to fap unaided.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/5/8/1902291/plot%20file%20never%20lose.txt

For the uninitiated, File>Save As>Word Wrap in Notepad works well.

Please email anon1995@gmail.com with comments or questions. I suggest making a Gmail without your name for semi-anonymous communication barring tracing/hacking.

>> No.3669018

typical pleb trash

the same old plotlines and character tropes rehashed again and again

>> No.3669029

>>3669018
Thanks for your feedback.

And please show me your great stories since you are such an expert at writing.

>> No.3669044

bump

>> No.3669046

>>3669029
>you are bad
>I bet you are too

nice one, man

>> No.3669049

>>3669046
haha thanks.

I just wanted people to tell me whether my idea had ever occurred to them or if it appealed to them.

>> No.3669074

The first half is okay, if you can write realistic characters. The spy/espionage part is where it all turns to shit.

>> No.3669077

>>3669074
Okay so what would you suggest, just ending it?

>> No.3669079
File: 3 KB, 224x144, facepalm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3669049
>haha thanks.

>> No.3669083

>>3669079
Sarcasm implied, but the implication may have been ruined by my serious comment afterward.

>> No.3669195

>>3669077
Well, yes. I think the conflict caused by her situation is strong enough to carry the story without having to reinvent Milla Jovovich as Rambo for the ADHD audience who need guns and explosives. You have an unusual conflict which sets you aside from a lot of other contemporary books, and it seems like you are being influenced too much by what works for a film over what works for a book.

Having said that, if you really feel the need to include the 'terrorist' theme, then reduce the plot significance -- ie the 'spy', and Tom Clancy plot twists -- and focus on her emotional reaction to the situation. You could have the girl going through a 'Stockholm syndrome', falling in love with the guy, and being torn between her developing feelings for him, what he wants her to do, and her previously received western values.

If you can get into her head and play on that, it will be far stronger than developing a rigid plot and twisting character emotions around it. Imagine what it would be like for her. Imagine her slowly empathizing with her captor. You'll get to challenge the reader with the mindset of someone who's ethical framework might allow them to strap on a homemade NG mixture and walk into a crowded marketplace.

If you can write it well, you should be able to get the reader to support her new views to the point of wanting her to strap on the vest. The audience has, after all, been with her for the journey, and been vicariously exposed to her situation -- you should aim to have an American reader actually wanting her to become a 'terrorist', and, if she decides against it, feeling bad for supporting a terrorist, but coming away with a deeper empathy for the power of being indoctrinated by the values of a certain culture.

That's if you keep it. Personally, I'd drop the whole 'terrorism' bit anyway.

>> No.3670599

>>3669195
Yeah. I didn't need to add the action, I just felt like it was too little to work with, but definitely it could work.

I was thinking more along the lines of a full on Literotica series rather than a Fifty Shades spin-off. If I did publish it, it would have to be pretty hushed that I'm the author, if you know what I mean. I wouldn't be able to take full credit for it if it was a sex novel that took off but I would get some money I guess.

I'm an American 19 year old male. I guess posting it on here was a little bit unwise because I might see an exact copy of my plot on the shelf in a few months, but I doubt it's that big of an idea.

>> No.3670715

>>3669195
I probably will drop that. It just seemed like the original premise wasn't enough at the time.

This is intended as a Literotica thing.

>> No.3670719

Wow I couldn't find my post for a long time so I rephrased and tried again...

>> No.3670727

just based on what you posted it sounds like the Illuminatus! trilogy.

>Add a lot of drugs and sex magic and you'll be plagerizing it

>> No.3670732

>>3670727
Where can I find that?

I don't know what it is yet. I was just sketching out some plot stuff.

>> No.3670744

>>3670727
Nevermind. I expertly hacked the internet to find it using Google.

>> No.3672289

And bump.

>> No.3672353

bump