[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 159 KB, 677x407, dt7-12.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3529279 No.3529279 [Reply] [Original]

Did anyone else feel like the Dark Tower ended poorly? I wanted so much for a great exciting end for all of Roland's work to end, and then he left us off. Also did anyone feel like the last book wasn't as good as the others? I didn't really like the dimension thing...

>> No.3529291

>>3529279
i loved the ending,but that's just me.the last 2 books kinda sucked.
and "the dimension thing"was in there since book one.

>> No.3529299

I liked the ending a lot. What could he have put inside the Tower to make it all worthwhile? I think the last book was significantly better than the previous three. Especially better than Wolves of the Calla.

>> No.3529339

I also thought it was a good ending. Kinda unsatisfying in a good way.

>> No.3529482

I loved the ending. The only thing that I was disappointed with was The Crimson King. Really? He's just some asshole throwing sneetches? That's his master plan?

>> No.3529486

I'd rate the books thusly:

>The Gunslinger
>Wizard and Glass
>The Wind Through the Keyhole
>Wolves of the Calla
>The Drawing of the Three
>The Dark Tower
>The Wastelands
>Song of Susannah

>> No.3529487

>>3529486
>The Waste Lands*

>> No.3529502

The ending was great. I think the worst part of Dark Tower was literally throwing himself in it as a character, I know that the multiple dimensions thing allowed him to do so but... why? Just why the fuck would anyone do that? Especially with Eddie who at points seemed kind of author-avatarish anyway.

Also Wizard and Glass was my least favourite of the seven books. Which is why I haven't read The Wind Through the Keyhole.

>> No.3529515

>>3529486
For Me, it's Wizard and Glass First
Then Gunslinger

>> No.3529535

>>3529502
My personal favorite was Wizard and Glass, and I loved the self-referencing aspect of the series. I also just read The Wind Through the Keyhole and enjoyed it immensely. Sorry anon.

>> No.3529544

>>3529502
Yeah he ran with this whole, "books are a glimpse into another dimension thing" is was kinda cool at first with that kid seeing clues in that bookstore and you'd think whoa interdimensional messaging magics but then King started sprinting like a madman with the tie in with the Callahan character and then King really started going crazy with it as he is wont to do

>> No.3529635

No Stephen King book has a good ending

>> No.3530691

>>3529482
>The only thing that I was disappointed with was The Crimson King
This and Walter. Fuck, his death was so bad that it made me cringe.

>> No.3530731

It sucks for me because I read slowly so I can immerse myself into a book as deeply as possible. I loved the first book and liked the second but I had to stop with the third one after it turned into Jake spending page after page with the same question we already knew the answer to. It's been a problem with King's books and me, him obsessing over obvious facts in his writing like I'm some sort of idiot. I'm wondering if I should just read them much faster and not give anything a second thought.