[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 37 KB, 345x500, his-dark-materials.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3492658 No.3492658[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

First post ever on /lit/, hi.

What do you guys think about that book?

I found it really amazing in how deep it criticizes the church and God fucking dies at the end.

Which story line did you like the best?

Also, the actual reason why I'm making this thread... Why aren't the movies being made anymore? The Golden Compass was really bad, but I simply don't understand why Disney had to make it. It's not a kids' franchise.

Why isn't no one making a remake? It's the Vatican pulling their Jew strings isn't it?

>> No.3492659
File: 49 KB, 483x473, Get out 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>His Dark Materials.

>> No.3492663

>>3492659
Did I strike a nerve or something?

>> No.3492684

The movie sucked and killed any chances for the continuation of a film series.

Also, I like the series, but, jesus (heh), did Pullman get heavy handed after the first book.

>> No.3492712

>>3492684
He did?

Got some sources on that? I'd like to read up more about it... Maybe I give the book another read as well, it's been a long time.

>> No.3492716

It's obviously young adult fiction. It's fine, same category as Garth Nix

>> No.3492738

>>3492716
Yeah, it's light to read, very interesting, and as always has some deeper themes to it that you don't really get on your first read as a teenager.

However, you have to agree that the cinematic adaptation was pretty bad, as in, a kids' movie.

Sometimes I wonder whether those people actually read the entire series before jumping in an making a movie out of them.

Eragon was a clear example of when they did just that: I think the first movie was made before the last part was even published. And they included some really contradictory elements, and excluded some of the crucial ones. Not to mention how the movie was plain bad and uninteresting as well.