[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 209 KB, 1200x715, barry-lyndon-1975-11-g.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3451129 No.3451129 [Reply] [Original]

Let's talk about morality and ethics.

Morality and ethics: extrinsically, the cultivating of perfect ethics will eventually gain us mastery over our neo-cortex, and we will all get along in utter peace and be happy.

Except the un-ethical ignorant man still makes up a great proportion of our species. Must the ethical man slow his pace to accommodate the genetically inferior? Is that a part of empathy and civility? Do we still believe all men are created equal?

I will not be able to answer these questions in my life time. I will continue my lineage so that each generation of my kin may live better and with more understanding than the last. In my life time, I will be capable only of making small moral changes in conduct to my ancestors, thus keeping evolution alive. I refuse to maintain "face". I will be honest and forthright and extroverted. I will not pretend or hide my feelings and thoughts. Any books on this subject?

>> No.3451134

>Except the un-ethical ignorant man still makes up a great proportion of our species. Must the ethical man slow his pace to accommodate the genetically inferior? Is that a part of empathy and civility? Do we still believe all men are created equal?

If nothing else, it's certainly the course of prudence to slow our pace, be civil, and at least outwardly profess a belief that all men are created equal.

>> No.3451315
File: 39 KB, 562x437, Ohwow.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3451129
>perfect ethics will eventually gain us mastery over our neo-cortex

stopped reading here.

i think it's safe to kill yourself now.