[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 95 KB, 400x594, CRACKDATPEPPA.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3408628 No.3408628 [Reply] [Original]

Slaughter house 5 was 3deep5me, it was hard to follow sometimes. Was I supposed to get something along the lines that Pilgrim was hallucinating because he couldn't understand the horrors and death in Dresden? And why the birds at the end? I did love 4th dimension morality, weird though.

>> No.3408644

seriously? vonnegut was too deep for you?

how old are you?

>> No.3408649

No, he came unstuck in time and was abducted by aliens. The bird thing is related to a line earlier in the book where someone observes that there's nothing intelligent to be said about a massacre. The question mark might suggest that the bird is asking "why?"

>> No.3408651

>>3408644
Only an exaggeration really. I just read it really fast and the time traveling was hard to follow sometimes because it didnt keep my interest. Im reading some "harder" to read books right now just fine.

>> No.3408673

>>3408651

well that's understandable, skim reading things that have lots of time shifts, flashbacks etc is a pain in the arse

i havent read slaughterhouse in 7 years so my memory of it is pretty vague

i remember enjoying it though

>> No.3409977
File: 20 KB, 243x251, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I recently read it for the first time also but unlike OP, i didnt have much trouble comprehending the novel. I had a couple of chuckles but nothing major. I will i say i found vonnegut storytelling interesting like when he incorporated himself in there. But another than that i found it quite mediocre. People raved about it on goodreads plenty of 5 stars but i would give it a 3

Did i miss something?

> first vonnegut

>never read him in school