[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 36 KB, 720x720, 1348426670291.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3324580 No.3324580 [Reply] [Original]

Describe /lit/ with one quote.

"Oh this same sufficient Roman What is he but another of the many Who having seen a little and heard more That others pick'd as loosely up before Constructs his little bird's nest universe Of shreds and particles of false and true Cemented with some thin philosophy All filch'd from others as from him to be By the next pilfering philosopher Till blown away before the rising wind Of true discovery or dropt to nothing After succeeding seasons of neglect" -Lucifer in Act 1 of Calderon's "The Mighty Magician"

>> No.3324586

>>3324580

"my faggotry is haunting me" O.P.

>> No.3324635

>>3324586

"faggotry is a nightmare from which i am trying to awake" OP

>> No.3324651

>But so many ideas lost, like tears in rain.
Anon, /r9k/, 2011.

Mostly fits for the "writers" on /lit/.

>> No.3324681

"hurr durr i do science ur not smarter than me ur a hipster"
- A. Pleb

>> No.3324719

"I know you, I know you. You’re the only serious person in the room, aren’t you, the only one who understands, and you can prove it by the fact that you’ve never finished a single thing in your life. You’re the only well-educated person, because you never went to college, and you resent education, you resent social ease, you resent good manners, you resent success, you resent any kind of success, you resent God, you resent Christ, you resent thousand-dollar bills, you resent Christmas, by God, you resent happiness, you resent happiness itself, because none of that’s real. (…) You don’t know what real life is, you’ve never been near it." - William Gaddis, The Recognitions

my other idea was looking for something in The Iceman Cometh, but this will do fine.