[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 56 KB, 197x320, product_thumbnail.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3324479 No.3324479 [Reply] [Original]

This is a book I wrote when I decided my wild imagination should be documented. I would walk my dog every day and get a little further in the story before I finally wrote it down. Now my dog is deceased and so I haven't really had much more time to think of the continuation of the story. I wrote a crappy ending because I wanted colleges to see that I was a published author.

Is it worth finishing?

>> No.3324485

Here is the link if anyone is interested:

http://www.lulu.com/shop/matthaus-wolff/the-warlocks-curse/paperback/product-18661170.html

>> No.3324536

You need an editor, as you've got some serious line-level mistakes, easy grammar and spelling issues that take away from your reader's experience. There are also issues with your descriptions being way over the top... you use the word "eternal" three times in the first few pages and describe a nap as "agonizingly uncomfortable" and describe school as a prison on the first page, which just reeks of edgy-wedgies. I suggest toning those things down a LOT.

I think the story is worth completion, if only to satisfy your desire to feel it is your best work... but as you edit, maybe keep these things in mind.

Good luck!

>> No.3324960

Thanks, I this is the work of a high school sophomore BTW.