[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 13 KB, 300x459, Angry-Parents.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3317943 No.3317943 [Reply] [Original]

What kind of books do your parents like? have they influenced your current or past tastes?

>> No.3317947

Didn't we just have this thread?

Dad reads schematics, mom reads Christian self-help trash

>> No.3317954

Dad reads sport history and biography, Mom reads whatever the library puts in its New Fiction showcase.

>> No.3317957

>>3317943
My mum likes 50 Shades, Harry Potter, Twilight, etc. Thank god she's had no influence whatsoever. I only ever saw my dad with two books ever. The first was a fucking HUGE Tom Wolfe novel that never left the side of his bed (I think it was there for about 15 years and never moved, not even to be opened) and a bible (which is a laugh in itself).

>> No.3317958

there are already at least 2 threads about this

>> No.3317961

>>3317958
could you link me to them??....

>> No.3317969

needs to use catalouge

>> No.3317981

>Mom reads Patterson/Evanovich/Roberts and harlequin romance
>Dad has trouble reading and hasn't read a book in 30 years.

>> No.3317987

My mom reads things as Twilight Saga, 50 Shades Saga, and The Hunger Games.

My dad has only read one book in his life, The Catcher and The Rye, he doesn't like reading.

I see no influence in my tastes.

>> No.3318026

My mom teaches english at college and my dad writes book criticism for national newspapers and literary magazines.

I don't like reading.

>> No.3318112

Mom has masters in mathematics, corrects textbooks and goes through long reports for a living, says too tired to even read and thus only watches dramas online instead.

Dad received a scholarship to French University, knows multiple languages (japanese, french, german, chinese, english...), has bookshelf full of english, french and japanese books (including french camus, dostovesky etc...).

Inferiority complex has forced me to pick up reading